Reaction / Reputation permissions at the user level

rubiksw

Reaction permission at the user level should be a thing. I'm sure many of you are aware of "rep bombing", or the act of mass reacting to someone's content with the sole intention of hurting their credibility or personal growth within the community. Reactions & Reputation is a great way for users to express themselves. Removing it entirely or not allowing "negative reactions" due to a few bad actors is not an ideal solution. We should be able to restrict bad actors from using the Reaction / Reputation system at the user level.  

Edited by cdymlr

• 3 months later...

I was searching the community to see if this was possible, we have a few bad actors that try and bully other users by downvoting everything they write and at the moment we've had to switch off reactions apart from the up vote.

Being able to restrict usage of the reactions by group would be a great addition.

13 hours ago, brfcs said:

I was searching the community to see if this was possible, we have a few bad actors that try and bully other users by downvoting everything they write and at the moment we've had to switch off reactions apart from the up vote.

Being able to restrict usage of the reactions by group would be a great addition.

I did this once by creating a new member group with everything the same as the main member group but changing the amount of reactions that group can give (on social tab) and putting certain members in there - I don't know if 0 works but you could set it as 1 if not and they'll soon get fed up.

Edited by marklcfc

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

The problem is that you’ll have dozen of groups every time you need to do something like that. Not practical at all.

I agree it does get frustrating, I've got a few others set up to stop some members posting in certain forums. If we had ban from topic which I must have requested for a decade now things would be much simpler.

Edited by marklcfc