Jump to content

Template core error - not sure how to fix this!


Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Recommended Posts

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

 

thank you!

I have updated that info. hoping I got the right stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

[[Template forums/front/topics/postContainer is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This is the current error. 

I'm kind of getting frustrated as the error with the blocks not showing properly has finally corrected itself and now I'm left with this error. again. 

any suggestions on why this continues to happen?

this is what it currently looks like. 

It's not showing the comments either- giving the code. 

It gives you an option to show replies, but then nothing but the code shows up. 

error code in community.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Solution

As mentioned in your ticket, these template errors are due to a third party plugin you're using to integrate members in your WordPress instance. It is moving them to a group which does not exist and thus creating issues when attempting to load data about them and that group. You will need to resolve this at the plugin level with the WordPress integration to resolve this issue. We could move these users but when they login again, the plugin likely would move them back so any effort on our end will just cause you running into the issue again so this needs to be solve at the plugin/WordPress level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

As mentioned in your ticket, these template errors are due to a third party plugin you're using to integrate members in your WordPress instance. It is moving them to a group which does not exist and thus creating issues when attempting to load data about them and that group. You will need to resolve this at the plugin level with the WordPress integration to resolve this issue. We could move these users but when they login again, the plugin likely would move them back so any effort on our end will just cause you running into the issue again so this needs to be solve at the plugin/WordPress level.

While I understand what you are saying, I don't know why all of a sudden it's causing issues. I've had the setup for quite a while and nothing like this was giving me issues. now, it's giving issues without any kind of changes on my part. 

I will look into the plugin integration. But it's throwing me off since from initial set up it's not been giving me grief. thanks for the clarification. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Rebecca Jorgensen said:

While I understand what you are saying, I don't know why all of a sudden it's causing issues. I've had the setup for quite a while and nothing like this was giving me issues. now, it's giving issues without any kind of changes on my part. 

I will look into the plugin integration. But it's throwing me off since from initial set up it's not been giving me grief. thanks for the clarification. 
 

It could be something that changed on the WordPress side or something through an upgrade of our software that has caused an incompatibility in the plugin due to it being out of date. Unfortunately, as it is a third party plugin, you would need to work with the author to determine this and resolve the issue as there is little we can do on our end to permanently resolve the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rebecca Jorgensen said:

The entire Members module is broken, not just the connection between wordpress and invision. This is what has been found with further looking. 

 

invision community error 3.JPG

That is the same error and related to the missing group. Anything that references this missing group will be broken, I’m afraid. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...