Promoted items endlessly scheduled

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

"Review/Update Access Information"

I've updated the information. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Remember you mentioning having problems getting Facebook related items approved.

Looking at the logs, it seems like problems began when I messed the facebook app...

1495010468_Capturedcran2022-02-0123_31_27.thumb.png.397c0af93789393e4e3c2391bbda346b.png

• Solution

Facebook promotion will not work if your Facebook app does not have the ability to do so. The error being returned from Facebook below means your Facebook app in use does not have permission to use these so it will not work.

Any of the pages_read_engagement, pages_manage_metadata,
        pages_read_user_content, pages_manage_ads, pages_show_list or
        pages_messaging permission(s) must be granted before impersonating a
        user's page.

Thank you for finding the reason why it's not working.

I tried to request what's missing, starting with "pages_manage_metadata" but now it's asking me this :

Please provide a detailed description of how your app uses the permission or feature requested, how it adds value for a person using your app, and why it's necessary for app functionality. 

and this :

Upload a screen recording that demonstrates how your app will use this permission or feature so we can confirm it is used correctly and does not violate our policies. For more information, visit the Screen Recordings guide and Developing for Success video.

What am I supposed to answer them ?

For question 1 : "I need this so that oEmbed will work and I will also be able to publish my community's content on Facebook."

For question 2, I'm not sure what they want me to record... Is it me clicking on "Promote" button and showing the article is published on Facebook ?

Thank you. 🙂

9 minutes ago, SecondSight said:

Thank you for finding the reason why it's not working.

I tried to request what's missing, starting with "pages_manage_metadata" but now it's asking me this :

and this :

What am I supposed to answer them ?

For question 1 : "I need this so that oEmbed will work and I will also be able to publish my community's content on Facebook."

For question 2, I'm not sure what they want me to record... Is it me clicking on "Promote" button and showing the article is published on Facebook ?

Thank you. 🙂

I would suggest first reviewing our Facebook promotion guide here and ensure your setup is approved for those items in this guide: 

While what was returned does include a lot, they may not be required for what you're performing, just what Facebook is returning as a general error message.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer on the review items as that is what Facebook is looking for which we do not have any control over. If after you submit a video of these items in action on your community and it gets rejected, the best advice I can provide is to ask Facebook why it was rejected. That way you can re-assess and get them the information they require. If you can reply with what they messaged you with, we can try to assist.

I've been able to solve many problems, I believe... It's possible to login using Facebook or Twitter, I've linked my account in the ACP to Facebook and set up Facebook promotion...

Now, this is the error message I get when I try to promote a topic :

You haven't selected any Facebook Groups or Pages

Where can I do this ?

Thank you. 🙂

Yes, I have a page on Facebook where my boards' topics were published when I promoted the topics.

The page should be automatically assigned when I link my community's user account to Facebook ?

In oEmbed url, on Facebook, I have the page url :

https://www.facebook.com/Enseignants-du-primaire-158258504749259

Edited by SecondSight

37 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you selected that page/group for where it is you wish to promote to?

But I don't know where to do this.

EDIT : Ok, I found out what I did wrong. I needed to put the Facebook app in developer mode :

In order to add permissions to a facebook application for the promoting of items, you have to have your application in developer mode.

Now, my page is showing and it looks like it's working fine. 🙂

1838126207_Capturedcran2022-02-0313_54_51.thumb.png.70ac32b9f3d31e041d3cc472dbab5a05.png

Thank you.

Edited by SecondSight