bug, can't drag blocks

• 4 weeks later...

what permissions needed to be modified?

I'm a brand new IPS (?) person, migrating a few sites from vbulletin.

Support have been great by the way.

I've just paid and enabled 'pages' and can see the block manager, which says to 'just drag and drop to available blocks'. However, I can't seem to do this in Edge or Firefox. I can't seem to 'drag'... it just highlights the blocks on the left hand side, rather than allow me to move/drag them.

blocks.png

Thanks Marc.

I didn't change any permissions on the files that were uploaded... so I'm assuming they should be fine.

Do you know specifically which ones I should be checking? I'm using cpanel and then right clicking to check individually (yeah, long way around!).

If I was any better at unix I'd use SSH.

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2022 at 6:18 PM, jnrdavo said:

what permissions needed to be modified?

I'm a brand new IPS (?) person, migrating a few sites from vbulletin.

Support have been great by the way.

I've just paid and enabled 'pages' and can see the block manager, which says to 'just drag and drop to available blocks'. However, I can't seem to do this in Edge or Firefox. I can't seem to 'drag'... it just highlights the blocks on the left hand side, rather than allow me to move/drag them.

blocks.png

I'm having the same exact issues. Were you able to fix this? Any advice?

Clearing the system cache didn't work in the Invision Admin CP. I also tried turning off the server firewall and ModSecurity just to see if it made a difference but it did not.

I'm pretty sure I don't have suPHP but suExec is enabled in Apache.

Edited by SWWAP

3 minutes ago, SWWAP said:

I'm having the same exact issues. Were you able to fix this? Any advice?

Would advise contacting your hosting provider to ensure that all folders/files have correct permissions and are owned by the correct user/group.

18 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Would advise contacting your hosting provider to ensure that all folders/files have correct permissions and are owned by the correct user/group.

Thank you!

Its a self-managed dedicated server. (I'm not an expert by any means though.) I've double checked all of the permissions via FTP and I think it's all good. Pretty much every directory is 755.

I also checked the user/group and I think that's good. The user is what I have setup in Plesk for FTP for the domain. I'm not sure about where the group comes from though.

Edited by SWWAP

31 minutes ago, SWWAP said:

Its a self-managed dedicated server. (I'm not an expert by any means though.) I've double checked all of the permissions via FTP and I think it's all good. Pretty much every directory is 755.

Making sure the files have correct permissions would be advised as well. Please keep in mind that the following directories need to be writable either through permissions or user/groups. If you run suPHP or suexec, the permission would be 755 for folders and 644 for files. Otherwise, that can varying depending on your setup.

• applications
  • datastore
  • plugins
  • uploads and all sub-folders of uploads

32 minutes ago, SWWAP said:

I also checked the user/group and I think that's good. The user is what I have setup in Plesk for FTP for the domain. I'm not sure about where the group comes from though.

Would advise hiring a server administrator if you feel that there are any knowledge gaps to ensure that you server is setup correctly. I'm afraid, hosting support is outside our scope of support.

• 4 weeks later...

We think we found the problem.  Error logs pointed to [domain.tld]/httpdocs/applications/core/interface/js/js.php

Checking file_get_contents for this js.php file from PHP, where it gets concatenated with the app path, revealed that ckeditor.js ([domain.tld]/httpdocs/applications/core/dev/ckeditor/ckeditor.js) is missing.

Can anyone help me figure out ow to fix this? Thanks again!

17 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Please ensure that file is present and accessible. 

Thank you. The file is not there. It's not there in any bakups either. Nor does it seem to be included with the installer I downloaded from Invision. The directory [domain.tld]/httpdocs/applications/core/dev/ isn't even there. 😞

10 hours ago, SWWAP said:

I don't think so. Until now I didn't know what that was.

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Thank you. The access info should be up to date now.

Something is blocking javascript on the page from your server there unfortunately. If you test on other pages, there is no issue. Generally this will be items such as mod_security that are the cause, but you would need to work with your hosting company on this, as there is a 403 being received from the server. 

Its worth noting, if the auto upgrader is run, that is also being blocked. So something is certainly blocking items there