Pages SuperGallery (support topic)

• 1 month later...

So i'm pretty much getting this (mainly because I end up getting all your templates @opentype as they are just ridiculously too good for pages 😄) and I'm just wondering how much different this is to Gallery? It virtually looks the same, gives you chances to add comments, make galleries to add pics, etc.

The reason I ask is because when I plan to add a core functionality or feature I like to make sure its sustainable and works from now and forever more. Does the IPS Gallery collate pics across forums, pages, etc and thats how it sets out differently? Or am i missing any key feature that I should look into that the IPS core feature has and this template does not? Thanks in advance.

43 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

So i'm pretty much getting this (mainly because I end up getting all your templates @opentype as they are just ridiculously too good for pages 😄) and I'm just wondering how much different this is to Gallery? It virtually looks the same, gives you chances to add comments, make galleries to add pics, etc.

The reason I ask is because when I plan to add a core functionality or feature I like to make sure its sustainable and works from now and forever more. Does the IPS Gallery collate pics across forums, pages, etc and thats how it sets out differently? Or am i missing any key feature that I should look into that the IPS core feature has and this template does not? Thanks in advance.

As mentioned on the product page “It’s a way to create galleries as part of the editorial content on your website”. So, for a few select galleries created by admins. Unlike Gallery, you get a clean “editorial look” and you can add text where necessary, including text-only pages for chapters, intro and so on. I specifically created that with a use for a museum in mind, where we want to create clean virtual exhibitions which guide the user step by step through the exhibition. 
The Gallery app is centered around user-content and much more powerful in that regard. Ordering, image manipulation and so on. 
SuperGallery uses the stock Pages features, as you can see in the video. Title, Content Field, Record Image. You could uninstall SuperGallery and would have a regular working Pages database, just without the gallery look. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...