gallery thumbnails

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

I added the watermark to the images in the gallery, but the thumbnails of the older photos have disappeared completely.
Is there a way to regenerate them?

actually on the server the images are there but the name after the original name of the photo is wrong

1272321351_Schermata2022-01-23alle19_29_21.thumb.png.f277d9b31ad90bbacdcda09a977fedaa.png

374661873_Schermata2022-01-23alle19_41_12.thumb.png.7aeb588d03ec773022d51ca3e88d4e7f.png374661873_Schermata2022-01-23alle19_41_12.thumb.png.7aeb588d03ec773022d51ca3e88d4e7f.png

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

Unfortunately, you're missing quite a few photos in the /uploads/monthly_2015_10 . It looks like you're missing the original gallery image which was uploaded. Thus a rebuild of the image, such as placing a watermark image on it would not be possible. 

Was anything moved on the server which left these images missing?

unfortunately some are pictures of more than 10 years ago.

it may be that over the years they have been moved by changing folders, but still using admin CP.

why do you see them inside the album instead?

is there a way to know what they are and recreate them?

13 minutes ago, Matteo Fi said:

unfortunately some are pictures of more than 10 years ago.

it may be that over the years they have been moved by changing folders, but still using admin CP.

why do you see them inside the album instead?

is there a way to know what they are and recreate them?

When they are rebuilt they are moved to the most recent album year so the rebuilt photos exist but we require the original uploaded file in gallery to do any rebuilding. Going to turn this into a ticket to see if there is just something unexpected happening here as I see you have a ton of folders under /uploads/gallery/ so wondering if there is a lost storage configuration here.

13 minutes ago, Matteo Fi said:

Yes, there is a bit of confusion in the files indeed.

but I don't understand why, the folders were never changed until years ago.

Where can I see the name of the originally uploaded file?

As mentioned by my colleague, there has been a ticket created for this. I would suggest awaiting the outcome of that ticket before doing anything else

• 2 months later...
  • Solution

This issue was due to the original image files (that we use to generate thumbnails) being missing from the storage location. These were able to be restored from an old backup and regenerating the thumbnails again fixed the issue. We've also added a check to the process for a future release to make sure the original image exists before removing the existing thumbnails.

• 3 months later...