Facebook login instructions are outdated

This is what the invision community guide says on how to configure facebook login ...

But facebook process is completely different, it is giving me an SDk for javascript.

Is theere a place with clear instructions on how to connect Invision for facebook and twitter login and sharing? I am interested in the social media promotional functionality

On 1/26/2022 at 3:34 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

It is unfortunately complex to set up. There isnt really any way around that, as its facebooks requirements that are the issue

I almost manage to get it working - it works for my (admin) account - but not for others. I assume I am missing something, but dunno what?

Edited by IgorPec

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2022 at 11:09 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

Are you working in developer mode on your facebook application?

No, it was changed to Live.

On 1/31/2022 at 11:09 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

What issue is it you are having when you are trying to use it with other accounts?

When trying to login I get: 

Oops!
Something went wrong. Please try again.
Error code: 2S119/1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

We do have this on our radar. What is it you are having issues with?

I tried setting it up about a month ago and realized the interface was a bit different than what the guide laid out. I tried working it but kept falling into potholes along the road. I eventually set it aside after being frustrated for two days, as I felt it wasn't critical but rather a convenience thing for my members as a way to login or signup.

I have to do quarterlies today but will circle back to it tomorrow and see where I experience issues. I will post here when I do.

Thanks for the response.

2 hours ago, My Sharona said:

I tried setting it up about a month ago and realized the interface was a bit different than what the guide laid out. I tried working it but kept falling into potholes along the road. I eventually set it aside after being frustrated for two days, as I felt it wasn't critical but rather a convenience thing for my members as a way to login or signup.

I have to do quarterlies today but will circle back to it tomorrow and see where I experience issues. I will post here when I do.

Thanks for the response.

No problem. Unfortunately its facebook changing things all the time that mean we are a little out of date, but we will have a new guide soon

6 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

No problem. Unfortunately its facebook changing things all the time that mean we are a little out of date, but we will have a new guide soon

I believe I am getting hung up in the same spot as the last time I tried to set it up.

If I go to the default url for the site and click on, "Existing user? Sign In" or the "Sign Up" buttons at the top of the page and click on the "Sign in with Facebook" button, I get the following;

1.png.a8fb7a16525024ab8c5ee3111862a804.png

I have added the site's main url to the "App domains" box.  Not sure what is wrong but everything in the Facebook developers app settings looks to be right. 

All help appreciated.

We disabled this some time ago when FB changed things on their end, and accounts linked to our forum were having the display names changed to their real names randomly and automatically. It was quite concerning to the members, and us. I couldn't get to the bottom of it so we've left FB disabled ever since.

Not even game to try and set it up again now.

2 minutes ago, Emediate said:

We disabled this some time ago when FB changed things on their end, and accounts linked to our forum were having the display names changed to their real names randomly and automatically. It was quite concerning to the members, and us. I couldn't get to the bottom of it so we've left FB disabled ever since.

Not even game to try and set it up again now.

They do like to make life difficult, I'll give ya that 😄