Icone / badge color too light

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hello,

whatever the color I select for my icones and how dark color it may be, the icones always look much lighter on the forum.

I have tried to add my own image as well, but there is the same issue. I appear very light. It looks like there is a "opacity" setting somewhere, but I can't find it.

Do you have any idea about where I can change this setting  and allow my icone image to appear as they are and not lighter?

image.thumb.png.0608d5b64bb5e3c4bddd8cf396f2207e.png

The three yellow colors that you showed in the screenshot are all the same color.  I pasted the image into Photoshop and matched the three different instances to the color code returned.  

My guess is that it APPEARS different because in the editor, you're seeing it against a dark background which makes it stand out more whereas against a light background, it's not quite as loud/pronounced.  

• Solution

There are some areas where opacity is used. Im assuming from your image you are referring to the icons on the left. You would need customisation to your templates in order to change those. If you are unsure on how to edit the HTML/CSS in your templates, you would need a designer to assist you with that. 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:47 PM, Aurélie Grignard said:

I have tried to add my own image as well, but there is the same issue. I appear very light. It looks like there is a "opacity" setting somewhere, but I can't find it.

As @Marc Stridgen explained above, there are areas where opacity is indeed used. In this case, the opacity is used on the forum icons to indicate that there are no unread topics in that forum. If there are unread topics, the icon will appear darker. Take a look at how it looks on this community:

image.png.ada680fe53f19ee11c3eaf76cbf900a4.png

This is really easy to change, and requires only one small change to your theme. Edit your theme and add the following snippet to the file custom.css:

.ipsItemStatus.ipsItemStatus_read {
    opacity: 1;
}

Note that this will make it hard to see if there are unread topics in a forum or not, so you should consider not making the icons for read and unread forums the same.