Mobile: Social profiles and Social Link Position

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I use default theme with only slightly changed colors via Easy Mode.

If Social Link Position in is set to Footer, then I can see the social profiles icons in mobile view.

If Social Link Position in is set to Header Background, then I cannot see the social profiles icons in mobile view. Nowhere.

Question: Where the social profiles icons are supposed to be in mobile view, if default theme is set to Header Background?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

In 4.6.12 the setting for Social Link Position is changed to Header Background from Footer after upgrading. This means manually changing it back for every installed theme.

Should the fix honour the existing setting when upgrading as opposed to being a new install?

Many thanks.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:51 PM, The Old Man said:

Hi,

In 4.6.12 the setting for Social Link Position is changed to Header Background from Footer after upgrading. This means manually changing it back for every installed theme.

Should the fix honour the existing setting when upgrading as opposed to being a new install?

Many thanks.

I don't believe this should have changed any settings, no. I can certainly test this internally if you have had issues, however that wont of course change back items on your own install. You would need to set those back manually if they have changed

The above observed behaviour is easy to reproduce:

1. Install a 4.6.11 board
  2. Set some social links up
  3. Create several themes
  4. Ensure the "Social link position" value in each of them is set to 'Footer'
  5. Check front-end - social links in the footer
  6. Upgrade to 4.6.12
  7. Check front-end - social links in the header now
  8. Check the themes - "Social link position" on all themes is set to 'Header background'
Edited by Nathan Explosion

Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

"Thank you. Very much appreciated"

Nathan Explosion was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

Here's a video of an upgrade of a brand new fresh installation of 4.6.9 (zero customisations, only action performed is to create the social link profiles) to 4.6.12

A Test Forum - Invision Community — Mozilla Firefox 2022-04-11 09-23-19.rar