RSS Blog feeds get empty array tag.

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

is there something different that the TASK rssimport is doing then when setting up a blog and adding the rss/atom feed? I noticed that when there is an empty tag the author id in the db is 0 it and [] only appears on the RSS feeds that have been added by the task.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

is there something different that the TASK rssimport is doing then when setting up a blog and adding the rss/atom feed? I noticed that when there is an empty tag the author id in the db is 0 it and [] only appears on the RSS feeds that have been added by the task.

again, this might be something which the add-on is impacting so you would need to have that disabled. there should be fields populated correctly otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

can I inquire if someone actually reviewed the code for the RSS Task vs adding the rss when setting up the blog? It does not do the same thing.

I did and it works fine, BUT I'm also looking at your system right now and and can confirm that there's some weird stuff in your database.

This doesn't look right

CleanShot 2022-03-01 at 19.15.12@2x.png

I'm trying to reproduce it local (+ will fix it it on your system ASAP )

• 2 weeks later...

Thx, my changes were reverted in the blog and I really don't know how it's happening, I can't reproduce this local and I also haven't seen any other client with this issue so it must be something 3rd party related.

CleanShot 2022-03-15 at 10.08.17@2x.png

How exactly are you changing the blog settings and where /how are you setting up the imports?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This issue is still happening that RSS feeds to blog will add empty array. this without third party apps enabled or disabled. 

I've created a new blog used the same rss feed link and that did not have any [] but again existing member's blog that are feeding blogs by the task inject the null array.

• 2 weeks later...

So looking at the tags in the DB incoming RSS feed its missing the tag_member_id when posted via RSS so somewhere that is not being set. 

These are some of the earliest blogs that have had RSS Atom feeds posting to them. So I am thinking some where in the database the RSS feed doesn't know who the blog author is? 

(To reiterate this behavior is the same with our without RadicalTags enabled.)

Could contain: Number, Text, Symbol, Word, Page, Plot

Edited by Ocean West

12 hours ago, Ocean West said:

Will this bug ever be resolved?

Have you tried to remove the plugin, and then recreate the imports? I'm not able to reproduce it local, nobody else report the issue so the chances that it's caused by a 3rd party code or an already fixed bug are quite high.

Could contain: Text, Page

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Have you tried what my colleague suggested above?:

On 8/17/2022 at 6:54 AM, Daniel F said:

Have you tried to remove the plugin, and then recreate the imports? I'm not able to reproduce it local, nobody else report the issue so the chances that it's caused by a 3rd party code or an already fixed bug are quite high.

40 minutes ago, Ocean West said:

But if the application is disabled how is that any different then un installing it and loosing configuration and data? 

@Makoto can you weigh in on this - is there anything in RadicalTags enabled or disabled that would cause "[]" tags in RSS blog feeds? 

Background tasks may still operate third party add-ons.

I don't believe there should be any background tasks on my application.

@Ocean West can you provide an example RSS feed you are importing, and the exact configuration you are using for your imports? Can you reliably reproduce this with every import or does it happen randomly?

This issue came up when people were migrating from ATP to Radical Tags a very long time ago. Do you still have ATP installed but disabled?

ATP is not installed. The issue is only with blogs, and only OLD blogs created years ago there are no items assigned to any tags for blogs and most are listed as "guest" not the blog owner. If I create a new blog with same RSS feed it fills in just fine. WITH our WITHOUT RadicalTags enabled. I ran the site with the app disabled for over a month and blogs that finally published something still inserted the empty array. What do I loose if I delete the app and then reinstall it?

The issue is/was that the broken tag configuration is already stored in your database. I have fixed it a while ago but it came back( probably again from a 3rd party app) so now each further rss import will use the broken configuration.

We can fix this for you but please don’t install any 3rd party applications which could cause this again.