RSS Blog feeds get empty array tag.

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We would need to look further into this for you, however the access details on file appear to be incorrect or missing. Could you please update these details by visiting your client area, selecting the relevant purchase, then clicking "Review/Update Access Information" under the "Stored Access Information" section. 

We look forward to further assisting you. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have created a test blog, and disabled the app, and imported the same RSS feed. No [] tags were present.

I deleted the blog created a new blog with the app running and imported the same RSS feed. Same result NO tags were present.

Must be something with this one old blog that it defaults to [] tag. 

• 2 weeks later...

My Test: https://fmforums.com/blogs/blog/124-test/

(this was done with the Application Radical Tags installed and active NO TAGS )

Original RSS: https://fmforums.com/blogs/entry/2982-sql-multi-table-query-optimization/

Only the latest along in the original RSS has the empty tags I had manually cleared older posts. 

There is something lingering in OLD blogs that seem to insert the array [] 

I plan to delete the test blog in a few hours just FYI.

But it works just fine with it installed on a new test blog importing the RSS even if the APP is off it works just fine on NEWLY created blogs with RSS.

It's something with OLDER blogs set up years ago with RSS imports. 

Edited by Ocean West

1 hour ago, Ocean West said:

But it works just fine with it installed on a new test blog importing the RSS even if the APP is off it works just fine on NEWLY created blogs with RSS.

It's something with OLDER blogs set up years ago with RSS imports. 

While, it may be working in cases, it would need to be removed for complete testing to rule it out.

I do not have a blog feed that I can turn things off and wait around till someone gets around to posting a blog article. So it is impossible to test waiting for a posting. 

NOT ALL blog articles have empty array. OLDER ones do, I have tested with and without 3rd party app running on adding the RSS FEED no empty tags.