How can I have a login/register wall in my community?

Go to solution Solved by Chris Anderson,

• Solution

You can utilize the menu in the acp to limit access to menu items and sub menu items by deselecting guests.  Once a person registers and logs into the site the menu choices are viewable.

You can also deselect guest access to various components in applications, such as search. Click on the lock icon to set permissions.

I am using the marketplace Landing Page App and mark it as the default app and assign guest access to it.  I then can create a welcome page.  With the default menu items non viewable to guests they don't know what the site looks like or it's offerings until they become members.

Edited by Chris Anderson

5 minutes ago, Chris Anderson said:

You can utilize the menu in the acp to limit access to menu items and sub menu items by deselecting guests.  Once a person registers and logs into the site the menu choices are viewable.  You can also deselect guest access to various components in applications, such as search.

I am using Landing Page and mark it as the default app and assign guest access to it.  I then can create a welcome page.  With the default menu items non viewable to guests they don't know what the site looks like or it's offerings until they become members.

You can utilize the menu in the acp to limit access to menu items and sub menu items by deselecting guests.  Once a person registers and logs into the site the menu choices are viewable. 

You can also deselect guest access to various components in applications, such as search.

I am using Landing Page and mark it as the default app and assign guest access to it.  I then can create a welcome page.  With the default menu items non viewable to guests they don't know what the site looks like or it's offerings until they become members.

Awesome! I really appreciate your help!

So I already deselected guest visibility for all apps, but not sure how to:

1) Hide "All Activity" from navigation bar.

2) How to change the text "The page you are trying to reach..." to a welcome message, motivating people to register.

3) There is an error code on the bottom right part of the screen and I am nos sure why or how to hide it. 

4) How to delete the "contact" us button.

Would appreciate any advice...

134453433_Capturadepantalla2022-01-19ala(s)8_55_11p.m..thumb.png.394434d021bbae5d22d6db6c832d09d7.png

Do you have the Pages app? It would allow you to create a custom homepage where guests would see a welcome message. 

Alternatively, it might be better to not remove app access entirely, so that guests don’t instantly run into an error page. You can also give access to the forum app for example, but not actually have them see any posts through the permissions of each forum. 

2 hours ago, Manuel Molina said:

How to delete the "contact" us button.

Applications-System-Contact Us (Deselect Guest)

2 hours ago, Manuel Molina said:

Hide "All Activity" from navigation bar.

Applications-System-Content Discovery (Deselect Guest) 2 Instances need to be changed. This removes "All Activity" directly to the right of the two instances of home as shown in the screenshot above. 

You may have deselected Guest access for  "All Activity" in the menu but the value may still be cached so it still shows.  You may consider running the "Clear System Cache" in the Get Support page and possibly your browser cache.  If it still shows you may want to verify all deselections of Guest stuck.

Edited by Chris Anderson

2 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

If you want everything to be behind a login/register prompt, edit the Guest group (AdminCP > Members > Groups) and disable 'can access site?'

This will force every visitor to register/login to browse your community.

thank you thats exactly what I wanted...See screenshot below.

Is there a way to:

1) On that same page modify text so there is a welcome message? I would like to have in top of the sign in box the following:

"Welcome! Circle is a vibrant and diverse global community of forward-thinking technologists, scientists, artists, activists, and entrepreneurs committed to advancing the frontiers of innovation and knowledge."

2) Is there a way to delete the choice of visitors changing the theme on the footer? I would like to delete that it completely.

Thank you for your help, I thats exactly what i wanted,

2043986253_Capturadepantalla2022-01-20ala(s)6_11_36a.m..thumb.png.bbd9ef7786abf28bdb3ca2735ac94f6b.png