Report ACP Dark Mode full-text editor flaw

You are looking at the "issue". Editor background is dark. Start typing in black, you won't see what you are typing, therefore working on descriptions becomes hard. When using ACP Dark mode you assume that everybody who uses ACP dark mode has dark mode front theme, what does not have to be true. So to effectively work on descriptions I must switch to Light mode to have background of editor in light colors and see actual effects.

The editor itself should have a trigger to switch backgrounds dark/light inside editor only.

55 minutes ago, PatrickRQ said:

Not sure if I understand you well, you are going to address it as issue for future maintenance releases?

This is not something which we can address. If you wish to change the text color to the same as the background of the editor, I'm afraid, there is nothing we can do. Just like here in a light theme, if I changed it be white, there is nothing we can do to stop you or correct that.

Seems you completely did not understand what is the issue there.

1. Use Dark ACP theme (because I like it)
2. Have light front theme
3. Work on descriptions for front via ACP
4. Text typed in editor by default is black and can't use white as you suggest because my front theme is light

Solution? Built-in editor option to switch its background (working area).

Otherwise you force users like me to use light ACP theme, otherwise can't do edits without breaking my eyes. The same story happens if admins use opposite.

What should do admins who have selection of two themes in their front? dark and light? To do edits via ACP they constantly need to change ACP Theme between light and dark. Pretty not user friendly.

Hoping the above explanation puts more light on the issue.

Edited by PatrickRQ

When you use the default text color in the editor and do not change it via editor controls to a specific color, the UI will automatically change this.

For example, I am using dark mode here in the ACP for this forum description:

image.png

Here is the same item in light mode in the ACP (no changes made):

image.png

However, this is how it will appear on the front-end:

image.png

If that does not happen for you, please ensure that you have not applied any coloring to the font in your editor. If that still does not resolve the issue, please let us know an example and we can look but likely this is something specific.