new install, release: 4.6.9 dBase Set Up Failure

fresh, new install, on shared, hosting service provider, dBase set-up fails:  seams it does not like the localhost variable as the error says 'access denied' .

i have the info set-up in the MySQL® Databases in cPanel and have verified all data.

Thoughts?

That 'access denied' error suggests that you may not have assigned the database user to the database, or that you did not copy down the database user name/password correctly.

If you create the DB in cPanel, at the bottom of that page are the controls to add a user to a DB.

Are you certain you've done so?

1 hour ago, da1Bear said:

fresh, new install, on shared, hosting service provider, dBase set-up fails:  seams it does not like the localhost variable as the error says 'access denied' .

i have the info set-up in the MySQL® Databases in cPanel and have verified all data.

Thoughts?

If you have enetered all the database info correct, and the db user has full access/permissions to the db that it has been assigned to and you still get the error then it might be that it is not using localhost for server name.

If you go to the phpmyadmin and click the db name that you are using to install Ipb, the server name it will be right after where it says Server: You can also ask your host about it. 

In 95% of the cases that I've seen previously where someone knows the username/password is correct, they did not link the username/password as being associated with the database (as Mark suggested earlier).  I would honestly start there first.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

Yes, and thank you all!

&, looks like the PERMS were 'not all set' for the dBase.

Obviously I just conformed them before responding this a.m. as both Miss_B & Mark suggested.

Honestly, I musta just missed that one box on the lower right bottom and found it not checked!

[ Geez: I only checked it a bunch of times: deleted and recreated the datum to be positive I had it all certainly correct! ],  I suppose I am going to have to buy a larger monitor with a slightly bigger view area! ]   😀

Again, thank you all and Marc -->  No Need to transport this to a different area (Hardware Support)

I am passed this setup failure and moving along.

And again, I appreciate your responses that got me back on track.  This was simply a failure often found between the monitor & the keyboard.

THANKX !!

🤘