Images break on custom file storage method

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

As title says, I'm trying to have everything from downloads in it's own storage system, in this case a sub-domain. It seems to work fine with files but images break. Everything uploads fine and I can even download the image from cPanel but it won't show properly on create new download or on the file it self. I have tried with all kinds of permission settings but nothing works.

Any ideas?

break.JPG

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Is the custom URL set appropriately to the custom storage location? If so, could you please update the credentials in the Client Area so we can take a look?

Well, like I said. When downloading a file it works and everything is uploaded fine to the location set, it's just that images are not shown. It's not a problem per say, I can just move screenshots storage back to it's original location.

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Sirmadsen said:

Well, like I said. When downloading a file it works and everything is uploaded fine to the location set, it's just that images are not shown. It's not a problem per say, I can just move screenshots storage back to it's original location.

Download (via the Downloads app) and upload would utilize the path on your server, whereas, viewing an image utilizes the custom URL so if the custom URL is not set appropriately, it could be breaking.

5 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Download (via the Downloads app) and upload would utilize the path on your server, whereas, viewing an image utilizes the custom URL so if the custom URL is not set appropriately, it could be breaking.

Ah, ok. So I have to enable the "Use a Custom URL?" for images to be properly shown when using a storage path other than the standard one?

Edit: Yes, that seem to have solved it...

Edited by Sirmadsen
solved