pasting a post URL will not retrieve the same post content

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

Hello,

I'm having an issue when pasting a post URL other than post #1 into another post. 

• I've a topic with dozens of posts
  • I want to copy the URL of one of those posts in another topic
  • The URL is pasted together with the "content" of that post as it should, but it always pastes post number one, not the post I copy
  • The URL links to the correct post, but the short comment displayed in the content always belongs to post number one

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks  

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

No, that is by design. The embedding pulls out a sample of that topics content, not a sample of a specific post. When you copy a link to a specific post, its actually a topic URL (with page if needed) with an anchor to move you to the correct post in that topic.

I understood now that you are saying it. But it's not logic to me. If I want to share a specific post within a topic, the embedded information should be that specific post. A topic can have hundreds of post, showing the very first post of a large topic is illogical.

3 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

I understood now that you are saying it. But it's not logic to me. If I want to share a specific post within a topic, the embedded information should be that specific post. A topic can have hundreds of post, showing the very first post of a large topic is illogical.

You're welcome to post your feedback to change it to something in the Feature Suggestion forum if you would like to.