Domain Setup Help

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Not an IPS employee, but I do know there should be an email that is sent with information on how to get started.  If you don't see it in your email, check your spam folder.  Sometimes things can get stuck in there since it contains links to new IP addresses, hostnames, etc.  

Edited by Randy Calvert

4 minutes ago, Randy Calvert said:

Not an IPS employee, but I do know there should be an email that is sent with information on how to get started.  If you don't see it in your email, check your spam folder.  Sometimes things can get stuck in there since it contains links to new IP addresses, hostnames, etc.  

Ive gotten the setup email but nothing about a domain...

• Solution

There is an article on how to get started here:

In a nutshell, if you already told IPS what domain you wanted to use during signup, all you need to do is CNAME your website to the address they gave you in your welcome email.  If you did not pick your domain yet, you'll need to open a support ticket and let them know what name you want to use.  They'll set it up on their end so that you can then later CNAME the domain to IPS.  

Your welcome email should have the temporary URL and username/password you can use to get started customizing your community while the DNS stuff is worked out.  If you did not get that, I would create a support ticket in the client area so they can resend it to you.  

Also...  some general guidance on getting started once you can login can be found at:

If you have questions along the way, feel free to ask.  We're a friendly bunch here.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

There is an article on how to get started here:

In a nutshell, if you already told IPS what domain you wanted to use during signup, all you need to do is CNAME your website to the address they gave you in your welcome email.  If you did not pick your domain yet, you'll need to open a support ticket and let them know what name you want to use.  They'll set it up on their end so that you can then later CNAME the domain to IPS.  

Your welcome email should have the temporary URL and username/password you can use to get started customizing your community while the DNS stuff is worked out.  If you did not get that, I would create a support ticket in the client area so they can resend it to you.  

Also...  some general guidance on getting started once you can login can be found at:

If you have questions along the way, feel free to ask.  We're a friendly bunch here.  🙂 

daac063c3797bd2940f71dbc1596d619.pngI cant change my license key domain

As a Community in Cloud (CiC) customer, you can create a ticket by going to the client area:

https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea

Click on Manage Purchase for your CiC package.  On that page should be an option that says "Support Request" and to "Create a Request".  That's the best way to handle ACCOUNT type of issues so that you don't have to share private info.  (You could still post here and an IPS staff member would create a ticket on your behalf if needed!)

For general "how do I" requests or things that are related to the operation of the site, it's best to post because the rest of the community (including people like me) can chime in and give advice/help as well allowing for faster responses.  It also has the advantage of enabling other customers to learn/search that run into your same issue later.  

I've fixed several things before by searching here first before needing to start a new thread so it does work!  😄