Light / dark mode button - themes

Grafidea

This is possible and actually not that complicated, but exactly how you do it depends on which themes you use.

Edit: This articles may be of help: https://ryanfeigenbaum.com/dark-mode/

In short, you need to create a button that changes the theme, just like the theme selector at the bottom of your forum. This is not that difficult if you know a bit of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Let me know if you need guidance!

Edited by Runar

On 1/9/2022 at 7:14 PM, Grafidea said:

IPS Forum should be able to change the color of the template to a dark - button, not via an additional plug, but only built into ips forum. 

by default this feature, it would work only for specific themes, there are a lot of themes that don't support the light version, are made only for dark appearance.

the solution is simple, if you want dark/light mode, build it on your theme, or use two themes to switch between them

Edited by Lukazuki ❤

26 minutes ago, Lukazuki ❤ said:

by default this feature, it would work only for specific themes, there are a lot of themes that don't support the light version, are made only for dark appearance. Over the years I have built hundreds of traditional styles over 500+ and most of them are dark, and this option would only extend the development process and raise prices at the market.

the solution is simple, if you want dark/light mode, build it on your theme, or use two themes to switch between them

the built-in function is supposed to be in the default template, not in the core

22 hours ago, Lukazuki ❤ said:

show me the name of the forum software 'CMS' that have in the default template your button switch between light and dark 🤨

Someone here is fearing to missout on dark theme sales.

This would be a great addition, and has become standard for any great web service these days.
For example right now i'm almost losing my perceptual vision because i'm on this website.

34 minutes ago, Grafidea said:

This product is currently out of stock and currently not available for sale.

its IPS policy to disable sell if i don't have active license even if the app works fine, click on the first link to download directly from my site

I think IPS could easily release an official night mode with a toggle without taking sales away from theme designers.

Let's be honest it's long overdue and been requested by so many yet constantly dismissed/ignored.

Theme designers in general offer something different, outside the box, not just a basic colour change which is all we're asking for by those that run fairly default themes.

We're all up against social media, the big 3, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, one thing they all have in common is an available night mode.

All of which I personally have, along with the iOS MacOS dark mode.

It can be jarring to the eyes spending time on Twitter to then come on this forum. 

Come on IPS, it's time, let's get this done, you can't tell me that none of developers don't use night mode on other sites they visit and know the benefits.

This request will never just stop, the more licences you sell, the more this will come up.

8 hours ago, Day_ said:

I think IPS could easily release an official night mode with a toggle without taking sales away from theme designers.

Let's be honest it's long overdue and been requested by so many yet constantly dismissed/ignored.

Theme designers in general offer something different, outside the box, not just a basic colour change which is all we're asking for by those that run fairly default themes.

We're all up against social media, the big 3, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, one thing they all have in common is an available night mode.

All of which I personally have, along with the iOS MacOS dark mode.

It can be jarring to the eyes spending time on Twitter to then come on this forum. 

Come on IPS, it's time, let's get this done, you can't tell me that none of developers don't use night mode on other sites they visit and know the benefits.

This request will never just stop, the more licences you sell, the more this will come up.

Liking where your head is at. 😎 There's a lot of moving parts for us right now, but the concept is cool. 

To be honest, after seeing that setting in Admin CP, I was almost sure I just cannot find it myself but I was pretty sure it cannot be that it is not there. It was making no sense to me. If anything it should be the other way around, Admin CP not having it but main darn think should have it. Everybody has it.

Edited by dutchsnowden