Delete MySQL orig_ tables?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

32 minutes ago, dutchsnowden said:

Can I delete original tables the one starting with orig_ ? Are these needed anymore? I WILL do a backup before delete, but want to be sure those are not needed anymore.

What tables are those? If you do not have any use for them anymore you can delete them.

I am not sure, I assume upgrade process created them, but as I said, not sure. I have my tables and a new set of ones prefixed with orig_ ... not sure when these where created and why those are still there. Backing up is large enough on a clean database, I'd rather delete those if not needed anymore. I just wanted to ask someone from Invision to be sure.

I dropped them all using a custom MySQL script. Backed up database before and after. Seems that everything works as normal.

I got now 261 tables in database. all starting with MY prefix, and two of them with x_utf_ + my prefix.

But now the backups are more than half smaller.

1 minute ago, dutchsnowden said:

Well, my admin support page did not. I removed those tables manually. First thing I did when in Admin CP was to SOLVE EVERYTHING in there. From PHP warnings to customization and leave everything at defaults.

I did not get any option to delete orig_ tables. Sorry.

I will get that looked into. Thank you for letting us know