Customize forum/topic/file social media image

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

• Solution

Default in the software, you can set the social share icon, this will set the same icon for all pages when shared on social media. To set this, go to ACP -> Customization -> Icons & Logos -> Default share images

There are alternatives, like this third party plugin which allows you to set the share image based on an image in a forum topic: 

(Please note that third party add-ons are supported by the author only and not Invision Community) 

Thanks for ur reply.

However, This does not solve my point. The default image does not customize any specific content.

In my community I dont allow uploading any image. it’s a huge forum and it could fill my disk space. People usually uploads their images to external free storage sites and then link them to embed the image. Thus, that kind of plugins are not compatible.

As the SEO tag manager allows setting up custom tags, why not adding an option to bind images? 

Edited by Ibai

3 hours ago, Ibai said:

the SEO tag manager allows setting up custom tags, why not adding an option to bind images? 

You could certainly use image URLs in the meta tag manager. There is nothing stopping you. However, any new feature suggestions, please post those in the corresponding forum.