Change TESTINSTALL to normal license?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Is this possible? I want to install on different server with different link, and until I decide I am good to go I do not want to change URL and so on. So I will use a -TESTINSTALL. Is this possible to change later to normal license?

Basically I do not want to install twice. 

I am upgrading from 3.1.4 to 4.6.9

Left original "www" untouched and rebuilding it on "new" but different server and IP.

When I decide the TESTINSALL is working, I will make it normal license. No two licenses used. 3.1.4 will be destroyed when new 4.6.9 works.

• Solution

With a self-hosted license, you are entitled to 1 Live URL and 1 Test URL (the Test URL cannot be public facing).

You can use your Test URL to test your upgrade process at a different URL than your Live URL. As the Test URL, by policy, can only be reset when the Live URL's domain is reset, I would recommend making this test upgrade instance a sub-domain on your Live URL's domain. E.g. if your Live URL's domain is example.com then I would recommend making your Test URL's sub-domain test.example.com (or similar). 

This way, you do not need to reset anything and once you are ready to go live, you can point your Live URL to where your upgrade is and move forward. Then moving forward, should you need the Test URL, it is available at test.example.com (or whatever sub-domain you chose).