Error while changing uploads folder to uploads2

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned in the message there, the system cannot create folders. The uploads folder and all its subfolders must be fully writable

@Marc Stridgen as you can see all other folders are transfered successfully.

the only "Theme Resources" does chmod my folder to 666 from 755 right after i apply to change it.

Edited by Maxtor

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Donnie95 said:

@Maxtor Did you manage to fix this? I'm getting the same issue.

Changing the Storage method for anything change the destination folder to 666 and it become not writable.

That is not the same issue. If your system requires different permissions you would need to change the permission of that folder. You can add a constants.php file with the relevant permissions if required also.

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

That is not the same issue. If your system requires different permissions you would need to change the permission of that folder. You can add a constants.php file with the relevant permissions if required also.

@Marc Stridgen I have already tested this method, no change.

I have tested on a different server with different configuration and I can confirm that changing the folder in Files > Storage settings sometime change destination folder to 666 when the moving task is done. It may only happen with certain conditions. 

Maybe you can ask a developer about this issue, someone might know what is causing it.

• 2 months later...

With regards to theme resources - it's not moving the files (mostly - images are moved), but it's actually just re-creating them on the fly from what's in the database as you access the site.

When it does this, it automatically creates the folder using PHP's mkdir() function and attempts to CHMOD it to the correct permissions using the chmod() function. If either of those fail, then an error will be thrown. Both of these do, use the configurations as noted in the documentation.

It will only ever do this once, though, when it creates the folder. If the CHMOD permissions of the folder are being changed after it was initially created, then that would be caused by something else outside of the software. I'm not seeing any instances where the software changes it to a value other than what is defined by your configuration.

All of that said, however, getting to the root cause of this would likely require us to take a look at the affected site. If you are still experiencing this issue, I would recommend starting your own topic so we can start clean and take a look for you specifically.