how to pin multiple topics in the same category

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Good day and happy new year to everyone!

I would like to know if it's possible to pin multiple topics in the same category. I can pin one topic, but once I try to pin a second one, the previous one is unpinned.

I guess it's not possible. It would be great to have this feature though, because there are many times when we need to have several topics pinned in the same category. Telegram and Whatsapp do have this functionality for the most frequent friends you chat with.

Thanks a lot

Multiple topics can be pinned in a forum.

If you're referring to recommending a post within a topic, there can only be 1 post that gets recommended.

Getting some further clarification here on what you're referring to with screenshots or further information will help us confirm. Thanks.

15 hours ago, Jim M said:

Multiple topics can be pinned in a forum.

If you're referring to recommending a post within a topic, there can only be 1 post that gets recommended.

Getting some further clarification here on what you're referring to with screenshots or further information will help us confirm. Thanks.

What I want is having multiple topics from the same forum to be pinned. Right now, I can only pin one topic for the same forum. I can pin multiple topics but they have to be on different forums.

15 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Should I log this as a bug then?

image.thumb.png.e6e18dfdb2cc3d84ad3260496832c791.png

Thanks a lot. I am referring to the possibility of having multiple topics (not posts) pinned in the same forum. Right now I only can see the possibility of pinning one topic, once I pin a second one, the previous one is unpinned 😞

On 1/1/2022 at 9:12 AM, opentype said:

What do you mean by category? In a forum, you can certainly pin multiple topics. Do you mean a different spot?

I am referring to the possibility of having multiple topics (not posts) pinned in the same forum. Right now I only can see the possibility of pinning one topic, once I pin a second one, the previous one is unpinned 😞

• Solution

You can pin as many topics as you like. From the page that lists all of the topics, check the box next to each topic you want to pin.

At the bottom of the screen will be a button that looks like a pin.  Click it and choose “Pin”. 

F3D0DC94-7A53-4900-B8B0-D04C4C31A799.thumb.jpeg.ec748cbad0c9fd778c4c9b1a8d4a02fe.jpeg

If this does not work, try switching to the default theme. It may be possible your theme is either out of date or broken. 

If you’re doing via topic, it’s one by one but you still can have multiple pinned topics if you do it multiple times:

aLEDVGi.png

You can also use the multi moderation in forum view to select more than one topic.

If you’re already doing this and still can have only one pinned then you probably have some custom resource working there.

—————-

@Randy Calvert already posted. 👍