Upgrade: SQL Syntax error

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

• 4 weeks later...

I am too traumatized by my 3.1.4 upgrade to 4.6.9 to try it again, now to 4.6.10...

Tho I tried it already flawlessly on a test server, and I got two live backup servers that can be switched on in no time. I might be waiting a few more days. 🤯

Edited by dutchsnowden

The minor point upgrade will be SUPER easy.  It literally took all of 2-3 minutes.  These sub releases are generally pretty safe.  Just to make sure to take a snapshot first in case you have to roll back.  I literally have not had to roll back once in any of the point updates.  

By the way...  upgrading from 3-4 is a BEAST.  Once on 4 though, it's been super easy.  As long as you keep up with the upgrades, it generally is smooth.  It's when you get years out of date and versions of php/mysql change, etc that you encounter difficulty.  

Just make sure to keep up with the updates and they should be relatively painless. Your biggest risk is that with plugins breaking things. Make sure you’re familiar with recovery mode to disable plugins and you’ll be able to recover pretty quickly in the event you run into problems you did not see in a testing environment. 

1 hour ago, dutchsnowden said:

@Marc Stridgen I can confirm 100%. test install was one of the beta version, but last night I installed on production the release of 4.6.10 and worked automagically from Admin CP. Thank you so much!

My trauma and nightmares of upgrading from 3.x just got a slightly healed seeing how smooth this was.

Haha, glad to hear it 😄