How to “Un-delete” a topic?

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

It depends on what your setting for retaining deleted posts is set to. In the ModeratorCP, look at the Deleted Content section. See if the post is there to restore. 

I had something similar happen so now I don’t have the deleted content purged until 90 days just to be safe and have plenty of time to catch problems. 

• Solution

ModCP > Deleted Content is where you would look, as mentioned above. If it's not there, then the only way you would be able to restore it would be to restore your database entirely to an earlier point in time. 

You can set up whether items are 'soft' deleted from System>Settings>Posting, within your admin CP.

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2021 at 4:24 AM, Marc Stridgen said:

ModCP > Deleted Content is where you would look, as mentioned above. If it's not there, then the only way you would be able to restore it would be to restore your database entirely to an earlier point in time. 

You can set up whether items are 'soft' deleted from System>Settings>Posting, within your admin CP.

Are MODERATORS able to access the Deleted Content section in the ModCP? As an admin, I see the Deleted Content section, but my mods are telling me they do not see this? Is this an ADMIN only feature to access the Deleted Content? 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Randy Calvert said:

I assume your moderators are not unrestricted moderators.  

Have you checked their permissions?

ACP > Members > Staff > Moderators 

Find your moderator...  under the "Content" tab, do you have "Can manage deleted content?" enabled?

Fixed. Thank you so much for your help.

Edited by SC36DC