"A reminder on support changes" email

Go to solution Solved by Randy Calvert,

Hello Invision,

Thank you for the reminder email you sent (with subject: A reminder on support changes")

Can you please clarify how we can contact your support team/community moving forward?

We used to be able to send a support ticket by clicking the Support button. Here's a screenshot. I tested it today and nothing happens when I click on the button.

image.png

I'm seeing a dark blue button at the right bottom of the page that says "Visit Our Community" - is this where we can ask for support now?

Sincerely,
Deb & Shell of Tizzit.co

• Solution
Marc Stridgen
This post was recognized by Marc Stridgen!

"Thank you"

Randy Calvert was awarded the badge 'Helpful' and 10 points.

Hi Deb,

You would want to do the following:

• Make sure you save your FTP and a username/password for your forum in your Client Area.  (This will save the IPS staff from needing to ask for it later.)
  • If you have a problem, you would make a post here.  (Just don’t include anything sensitive such as usernames/passwords in your post.)
  • If it involves anything sensitive, you can make a post here and just ask for a staff member to create a ticket for you.  They’ll take care of this for you and will trigger an email to you which you can use to interact privately with IPS staff.  

The good thing about posting here is that you can get official help from IPS staff here along with other customers who in in several cases have run into the same problem as you might have had and can provide help as well.  

The above is indeed correct

9 hours ago, Deborah Engelmajer said:

Can you please clarify how we can contact your support team/community moving forward?

Just as you have done so there. Post up in here, and we will respond

9 hours ago, Deborah Engelmajer said:

We used to be able to send a support ticket by clicking the Support button. Here's a screenshot. I tested it today and nothing happens when I click on the button.

Im not actually seeing the image you posted. But as mentioned, just post in here

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, toprobroy said:

May I just ask why I have to pay for a priority support.  I already pay $200 a year and I only use the forums.

Whilst your support has been excellent since I've been around. Probably about 18 years, I think it's a bit unfair to ask for more money.?

You dont have to pay priority support. There is no force to do that in any way at all, unless you want to contact us using your email rather than our official support channel. All that has happened is our official support channel has moved, and is now here. This is fully staffed, we can escalate were needed, we have access to your account details as we did previously, and can get things to a ticket if we need to obtain more private information.

Ok Marc, thanks. I had a message at the usual place to create a Support Request, saying please upgrade for priority support.  So that was confusing.  I guess coming here makes sense in that you can see if anyone else has had similar problems.  Just needs a little bit more care perhaps, when posting something that should be less public.

7 minutes ago, toprobroy said:

Ok Marc, thanks. I had a message at the usual place to create a Support Request, saying please upgrade for priority support.  So that was confusing.  I guess coming here makes sense in that you can see if anyone else has had similar problems.  Just needs a little bit more care perhaps, when posting something that should be less public.

It does indeed! In fact what you mention is the intention of doing support in this way. We can build a database of similar issues. It does have other advantages too, for example while we will provide official answers based on how we would use the software, some customers may have other ways to implement different solutions. So its pretty win win