how to delete all the topics from a forum category

Go to solution Solved by Miss_B,

Hello,

I have several categories with hundreds of topics and deleting them page by page is time-consuming.

1. Is there a way to delete all the topics from a forum category?
  2. Is there a way to delete ALL pages in the DELETED CONTENT in the MODERATOR CP? I have dozens of pages to delete and it's also VERY time consuming

Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks

Edited by OptimusBain

For 2, this is rather intended to do this as it is a safe guarding but will automatically delete at your configured time. If you perform the deletion the way @Miss_B suggested, that will not encounter this and will straight delete.

I am unsure if this will work but you could change the configured time setting up so that automatic deletion is more soon.

12 hours ago, Miss_B said:

For number 1, if you go the forums section in your Admin Panel and then clcik the drop down icon for the Category whose topics you want to delete, you will see an option that says: Move / Delete Content. There you can delete all the topics. 

Awesome! That worked. I didn't know that option existed. Thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, Jim M said:

For 2, this is rather intended to do this as it is a safe guarding but will automatically delete at your configured time. If you perform the deletion the way @Miss_B suggested, that will not encounter this and will straight delete.

I am unsure if this will work but you could change the configured time setting up so that automatic deletion is more soon.

It makes sense! Thanks a lot