reinstall forums not working

Cosmic
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

1 minute ago, dancingbear said:

my conf_global is the same as i used last week.so theres no reason for me to think its damaged, the software appears to login when i go to /install, which suggests conf_global is good

As mentioned, if you respond to the ticket, we can then get a good look and get it escalated if needed

39 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

. Please respond to the ticket

how, where? still no emails from my tickets

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

As mentioned, if you respond to the ticket, we can then get a good look and get it escalated if needed

do you mean by email, i'm still not getting those emails.

Just now, dancingbear said:

how, where? still no emails from my tickets

I mentioned you need to contact your email host if you are not receiving them to check what is blocking, as they are being sent out. You said in response to this that they were fixed, so Im a little confused. I have responded to it again just in case

15 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I mentioned you need to contact your email host if you are not receiving them to check what is blocking, as they are being sent out. You said in response to this that they were fixed, so Im a little confused. I have responded to it again just in case

i said the email was working not that i was receiving your mails ok. will have it checked out again.

i'm currently uploading some more of the database dumps to see if i can load one of them in.

1 hour ago, dancingbear said:

i said the email was working not that i was receiving your mails ok. will have it checked out again.

i'm currently uploading some more of the database dumps to see if i can load one of them in.

If you can update your access details, we can take a closer look if needed once you have done that

29 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

All of them should be populated please. Your FTP details are currently incorrect

yeah i know the ftp deets are, i can't get the new ftp account to work so can't give you workinhg ftp deets

have updated the ftp deets it should work but if it doesn't i can't fix it.

(i have a can't miss medical appointment this afternoon, so can only get so far with this, and then have to go out.)

hi mark have now sucessfully imported a database dump from 5th december, forums were working ok then, code still doesn't want to run and there's no error msg, could you take a look please and advise on what i need to do to get it working?

thank, neil.

7 minutes ago, dancingbear said:

hi mark have now sucessfully imported a database dump from 5th december, forums were working ok then, code still doesn't want to run and there's no error msg, could you take a look please and advise on what i need to do to get it working?

thank, neil.

if i go to forums/admin/

it implies the pw isnt correct, i'm using the master pw for the database server and its defo correct.

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

You would then need to contact your hosting company to obtain the correct detail there

IVE JUST Had bthem test it and the=ey changed the pw, i've updated my deets with the new pw.

thanks for your help mark, can we get this fixed please is there a way to get support emails to a different email addy? still not sure the one you've sent to is working properly.

pleASE GIVE THE FTP ANOTHER GO WITH THE UPDATED PW!

THANKS

• Solution
7 minutes ago, dancingbear said:

IVE JUST Had bthem test it and the=ey changed the pw, i've updated my deets with the new pw.

thanks for your help mark, can we get this fixed please is there a way to get support emails to a different email addy? still not sure the one you've sent to is working properly.

pleASE GIVE THE FTP ANOTHER GO WITH THE UPDATED PW!

THANKS

Updating your email to a different email address in your client area would be the best way to ensure you are getting them if you are still having issues there.

On closer look at this, the SQL details in your conf_global.php file appear to be incorrect entirely, which is why you are having issues. For further correspondance on this, you would really need to ensure you change the email on file and submit a new ticket to look at, as there is information I cannot provide in public