Titles/Ranks Not Updating

ahc
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

2fd479663faf7e92dab8d3e7c574d26d.png

^ Example member.  Their custom member title used to be what it displays, "Head Forum Moderator", however it should say "Elite Member" because she is a VIP and no longer a moderator, but it refuses to update. 

bf796b6a1174d837602ff47c60065184.png

^ Even when I disable the achievement system and make sure the Member Title has no value, the old title remains. I temporarily removed her VIP status to see if it would switch to her current rank of "Community Leader" via achievements, no update. This is happening site wide.

Update: After editing the HTML and forcing only ranks to show, It looks like anyone who might have had a custom Member Title entered at any point when the update happened will not have their rank displayed even if their Member Title is empty.

Not sure how to go about resolving this.

1 hour ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It does need to be noted that custom titles were actually removed some time ago. Have you been through this?

No, I haven't. I read the topic, but I don't see anything about restoring achievement earned ranks to members who previously held a custom title.

Do I need to delete the retained data? What am I missing here?

5 hours ago, ahc said:

Update: After editing the HTML and forcing only ranks to show, It looks like anyone who might have had a custom Member Title entered at any point when the update happened will not have their rank displayed even if their Member Title is empty.

The member does not have a custom title, it should only be displaying her rank, yet it is showing her old custom title when the field displays "no value" as shown in the screenshots posted above.

Her rank should be showing. It is not. It is showing her old custom title that no longer exists. Even when I try to add a new custom title, it does not change. I don't know where this title is coming from because nothing is there. This issue is happening to anyone who had a custom title prior to turning on achievements. I cannot get their ranks to show. When I edit the the postcontainer template to remove the HTML that shows custom titles before ranks, instead of showing the rank that they have, it is just empty. It should not be empty; it should be displaying their rank.

Xunjo's rank is Mentor. Her rank is showing correctly. She did not have a custom title before achievements were turned on.

Pey's rank is Community Leader. Her rank is not showing. She had a custom title before achievements were turned on.

94810525e3d2cc9083a8e90d71e29eff.pngfb8e5291b5ff9faf9e75107ab9c8e46e.png

I don't know what the actual problem is, so I don't even know if I'm explaining it correctly. @Marc Stridgen

Edited by ahc

• Solution

The reason something old is showing is because the old field itself is still present. Your theme however is out of date. By default there should be no custom title showing at all unless you specifically edit the theme to show it in the manner described in the link above. So the first thing you need there is a 4.6 update for your theme

@Marc Stridgen Hm. The theme says it's compatible with 4.6, but I'll contact the author if necessary. This is what I see in postContainer before my edits.

{{if $comment->author()->member_title && $comment->author()->member_id}}
<li data-role='member-title' class='ipsType_break'>{$comment->author()->member_title}</li>
{{elseif $comment->author()->rank['title'] && $comment->author()->member_id}}
<li data-role='rank-title' class='ipsType_break'>{$comment->author()->rank['title']}</li>
{{endif}}

This is what I changed it to.

{{if $comment->author()->rank['title'] && $comment->author()->member_id}}
<li data-role='rank-title' class='ipsType_break'>{$comment->author()->rank['title']}</li>
{{endif}}

Is this outdated?

1 hour ago, ahc said:

@Marc Stridgen Hm. The theme says it's compatible with 4.6, but I'll contact the author if necessary. This is what I see in postContainer before my edits.

{{if $comment->author()->member_title && $comment->author()->member_id}}
<li data-role='member-title' class='ipsType_break'>{$comment->author()->member_title}</li>
{{elseif $comment->author()->rank['title'] && $comment->author()->member_id}}
{{endif}}

This is what I changed it to.

{{if $comment->author()->rank['title'] && $comment->author()->member_id}}
{{endif}}

Is this outdated?

I would recommend comparing this to the unmodified, default theme. Unfortunately, custom themes are outside our scope of support so that would be your best bet here.