ibf_core_cache task to prune not working

2 hours ago, turbo greg said:

Hi all

My ibf_core_cache table keeps growing to a very large size. As I understand it there should be a task they prunes that table. If that is the case it is not working. Any hints on what to do about it? 

Could you please define what you are seeing as being a large size? Note,t his may be one of the largest tables, and we have had people believe its large, when in fact its been normal

Hi Mark. 1 GB. Hosting with GoDaddy. The entire database is about 1.07 GB with the ibf_core_cache empty and when the ibf_core_cache reaches 1 GB it pushes me past their DB limit and they delete the DB user. Has happened twice now.

Edited by turbo greg

It sounds like the mysql instance is not releasing space. Please update your details on file, and I can take a look to see if this is the case. If so, you will need to contact your hosting company. 1gb is actually quite small an amount of space for most sites these days though, so at some point you will wait to change that

14 hours ago, turbo greg said:

Hi Marc. OK will update later today. I am actually getting setup to change hosting companies. It would be nice to know if it is GoDaddy or just a setting in the board. You need access to cpanel or the board or both? Thanks for your replies.

I have to be honest here and say its very very likely that the issue is godaddy. You would be best to do the move to a better provider first, and then test the issue again

OK I am now moved to Hostinger. The move has not gone well. 1 - cannot edit a post. 2 - cannot upgrade to the next release. 3 - most images in the gallery are not showing even though they are in the upload folder. I am using FileZilla FTP foor the transfers to my PC then to the new server. For some reason I cannot get ssh to connect.

6 minutes ago, turbo greg said:

OK I am now moved to Hostinger. The move has not gone well. 1 - cannot edit a post. 2 - cannot upgrade to the next release. 3 - most images in the gallery are not showing even though they are in the upload folder. I am using FileZilla FTP foor the transfers to my PC then to the new server. For some reason I cannot get ssh to connect.

I would suggest working with your hosting provider to perform the transfer. Using FTP is not only slow but can potentially be error-prone.

• 1 month later...