Poll Feature Not Working When Making a Post

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

Hi All - I have tried a few times as a moderator as well as a user to create a poll within the regular post feature and  it continues not to post. As you can see in the image below. I  keep setting it up this way and then submit, and then keep getting the something went wrong message. I also checked all the permissions for the forums and do not have anything restricted for members/users, as well as moderators. Any ideas on what the issue may be? 

Thanks!

1959087015_pollfeaturenotworking.thumb.png.829943d57cdcadf0a104e246c45fc5a6.png

Many thanks @Daniel F! That worked. I was under the assumption that when you click on the poll tab (vs content tab) and are just doing a poll, that you don't have to fill out anything on the content tab. However, I have two required fields on the content tab when people make any post 1) Title and 2) Content in the message. 

I now realize that if you want to append a poll to a post, you have to complete those required fields on the content tab. 

Many thanks for you help and quick response!

Brian

41 minutes ago, Brian H. said:

Many thanks @Daniel F! That worked. I was under the assumption that when you click on the poll tab (vs content tab) and are just doing a poll, that you don't have to fill out anything on the content tab. However, I have two required fields on the content tab when people make any post 1) Title and 2) Content in the message. 

I now realize that if you want to append a poll to a post, you have to complete those required fields on the content tab. 

Many thanks for you help and quick response!

Brian

A poll is a feature in a topic so both are indeed required 🙂