Error default theme after install Download

Go to solution Solved by WP V0RT3X,

Hello, I was able to upgrade IPB version Invision Community v4.5.4.2 to latest ( 4.6.8 ) in one of our staging site.

After upgrade, I was able to access AdminCP and public / community end.

However, when I install "Download" which we purchased, after installing and enabling, I got this error instead.

image.thumb.png.81b919bcd8e2154494a1b719ee20951d.png

I got this error in the frontend/community page

image.thumb.png.850fae74eae19fd2260a3e0caf84c621.png

The errors from AdminCP and community/forum public end, is after I install "Download" and enabling it.

Please advice on what to do, I don't know where is that "Support tool" in the AdminCP.

Thank you.

- Allan of Nigel's Team

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

You are missing files there. You need to reupload files

Hi @Marc Stridgen, I don't understand, as I upgrade it inside the AdminCP, the staging site was working before I upgrade to latest version which is 4.6.8, so you mean when we copy the files from production to staging there are files missing? Are you talking about missing files when we upgrade to 4.6.8 from AdminCP or when we copy it from live?

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team

15 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You stated here

You install by uploading the downloads files, then clicking on install from your admin CP. On that upload process, you have missed some files.

Hi @Marc Stridgenwhat you mean "uploading the download files" ? I mean, after I upgrade I saw the "Download" in the System and there is a "install" there, isn't it the right thing to do? Are you saying I need to manually install "Download" by uploading it? I don't understand, I upgrade to 4.6.8 everything fine, until I install the "Download" feature.

• So we purchase "download"
  • Upgrade to 4.6.8
  • Found that "download" feature can be install inside the APP, clicked the install

And that the problem starts, is there other correct way to do it?

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team

@Marc StridgenThis is just an example of what I saw after upgrade, this is just an example:
image.thumb.png.35c755177bc25cb4f9d07c8b7d797e09.png

So after upgrade, I saw the "download" not being installed ( as we purchased it ) and saw the plus sign meaning to install, and that is what I did, install it in there, after install and done, an error popup and I can't go to AdminCP now.

I'm stuck in here:
image.thumb.png.73b341385fab2a0cb0bca6f8714f823b.png

can't go inside AdminCP.

This setup is a copy/clone of the live site to the test/staging site we setup, so we copy files and folders of version Invision Community v4.5.4.2 into that staging/test site and also the DB, its a clone really of the live, because we want to upgrade it to 4.6.8

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team

@Marc StridgenSo what I understand is I download this
image.thumb.png.644cee9b894efb6414d9224a592ad1ff.png

"download invision community" in our client portal, then upload it to the staging ( overwriting everything ) then click upgrade? I thought that is automated? 

I read the doc and you have "automatic upgrade" or "manual upgrade", I choose "automatic", how does it work in our case? where we have live site with existing DB that need to upgrade to 4.6.8? 

We just want to make sure that our existing data and our theme ( customize ) will work under version 4.6.8

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team

1 hour ago, Darth Vortex said:

Download the FULL package and upload the unzipped files via FTP to your server. Then start the upgrade in your browser with admin/upgrade

Hi @Marc Stridgenis this the way to go? download the whole system and re-upload it? does it not overwrite themes? I mean, so to update from 4.5.4.2 to 4.6.8 is to download it and not via the "upgrade" click inside the AdminCP

All we need is to upgrade to version 4.6.8 and use the "Download" feature we purchase.

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team

Yes that is correct. You would only be overwriting files that are already there and adding files that are not yet present. Any site data that is created would not be in the downloaded package, so would not be overwritten.

That is to add a new application though. You would not do this every upgrade. If you wish to simply click to install from the admin CP with no intervention with files, you may actually be best to consider our cloud offering.

24 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Yes that is correct. You would only be overwriting files that are already there and adding files that are not yet present. Any site data that is created would not be in the downloaded package, so would not be overwritten.

That is to add a new application though. You would not do this every upgrade. If you wish to simply click to install from the admin CP with no intervention with files, you may actually be best to consider our cloud offering.

You would only be overwriting files that are already there and adding files that are not yet present. Any site data that is created would not be in the downloaded package, so would not be overwritten. 

-> So it would not overwrite the themes then? just to confirm as I notice that in the downloaded files the theme doesn't exists in the zip.

That is to add a new application though.

-> Ah ok, so in our case we are adding "Downloads" and that needs to download the whole file then.

Ill do this and let you know any updates.

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team