Pages > Categories

Go to solution Solved by Nathan Explosion,

• Solution

You have a warning that if you wish to disable categories then you will have to move the categorised items into one category.

It's not a warning that you can't use categories - it's a warning that because you are using them, then if you then choose to turn them off then you need to understand what you need to do.

36 minutes ago, Muddy Boots said:

Thankyou gents - it was confusing - perhaps IPS should update the text to make the warning clear what it really means.....

Could you please clarify what you mean here? At present the warning tells you what you need to do there. Im not sure what we could make clearer in that scenario

2 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you please clarify what you mean here? At present the warning tells you what you need to do there. Im not sure what we could make clearer in that scenario

@Marc Stridgen I have a DB with 4 categories - I read it as I need to change it to 1 category as otherwise will loose the data in the other 3 - I reread it a few times and after the above posts realised it should be ignored unless I want to delete categories - it just isn't that clear as to a warning and where it is perhaps INFO and perhaps under the NO box tabbed right to its clear this is for if you disable the categories and have more than 1 - or perhaps get rid altogether and if you press the no to not use categories then you get a pop up warning if you have more than 1 category 

If you get my drift

17 hours ago, Muddy Boots said:

@Marc Stridgen I have a DB with 4 categories - I read it as I need to change it to 1 category as otherwise will loose the data in the other 3 - I reread it a few times and after the above posts realised it should be ignored unless I want to delete categories - it just isn't that clear as to a warning and where it is perhaps INFO and perhaps under the NO box tabbed right to its clear this is for if you disable the categories and have more than 1 - or perhaps get rid altogether and if you press the no to not use categories then you get a pop up warning if you have more than 1 category 

If you get my drift

I can bring it up internally for further discussion to see if we can make that any clearer