Copy live/production to different URL as staging/test site

Go to solution Solved by Nigel Moore,

Hi, I'm trying to copy my live/production site into different URL as staging/test site, and part of test license. Copy all files and database.

I was able to make the admin CP work, but when I go to the frontend/public it redirects me to the live/production site. I change the config_global.php settings to correct variables/settings.

The URL of test/staging is different to live/production.

Using Invision Community v4.5.4.2

--

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team

Have you rebuilt the cache after the config file change?

also don’t forget to review the file storage settings and last but least, block outgoing emails by either using the debug mailhandler or by using one of the dozen external staging/debug smtp providers to not send any mails from your staging environment to your members 

Just now, Daniel F said:

Have you rebuilt the cache after the config file change?

also don’t forget to review the file storage settings and last but least, block outgoing emails by either using the debug mailhandler or by using one of the dozen external staging/debug smtp providers to not send any mails from your staging environment to your members 

Hi Daniel,

how do I rebuilt the cache?

storage settings is that in the admin > files > settings right?

also how do I block outgoing emails?

--

thank you

- Allan of Nigel's Team

15 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

You would go to support, then select "clear cache" on the right

You can switch it to debug using the method described here

Hi Marc,

I don't see any "clear cache" in the right side of support page

Thanks

- Allan of Nigel's Team

Edited by Nigel Moore

5 hours ago, Mark H said:

It should also be added...

If this test install is on the same server as your live site, please make sure you review the file storage settings so they point to the test install and not the live install (as those are physical paths and not tied to the site URL itself).

Its different server, but its that normal that the test site will redirect in the live site? The admin works fine, its just the forum/frontend/public page

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team

Hello Mark and Marc, its working now, it was one of the plugin that is doing the redirection, thank you for the help 🙂

But I still don't see the "clear cache" though, the IPB version is  4.5.4.2

though yesterday I was battling with the style/icons and css inside the admin CP, now it seems its all working fine, I suspect its due to the cache that was auto clear? 

Is there a way to manually clear it?

Thanks

-Allan of Nigel's Team

Edited by Nigel Moore