Need help, Update Broke Site

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

Same here.  Just upgraded to latest from 3.x.  Was throwing errors on the default theme, so I created a new one, and that throws the same errors.  Cleared the cache to no change.  Sign in doesn't work on the public side.  Threads throw a captcha outdated error.  So do individual file listings under downloads.  Most things on my admin panel work ( the only error I've seen is unable to fetch featured guides on the support page ) but the public side is unusable.

Edited by Darkniciad

53 minutes ago, Muddy Boots said:

Use the Default IPS theme - or create a new one and see if it all works - if your using a modified theme or a custom theme the design may need updating

51 minutes ago, Darth Vortex said:

Try to reupp the update files and clear caches/run support tool. 

19 minutes ago, Darkniciad said:

Same here.  Just upgraded to latest from 3.x.  Was throwing errors on the default theme, so I created a new one, and that throws the same errors.  Cleared the cache to no change.  Sign in doesn't work on the public side.  Threads throw a captcha outdated error.  So do individual file listings under downloads.  Most things on my admin panel work ( the only error I've seen is unable to fetch featured guides on the support page ) but the public side is unusable.

I cant do any of these, i cant access admin panel, everything throws errors. cant even access my support requests. so this is not looking good for me and my buisness at the moment, still nothing back from support. tried to email them.

Just found out when customers add something to there cart they also get an error, so everything is halted.

1 hour ago, NightOwlHacks984 said:

New update broke my. Mainly admin panels, keep saying my theme is out of date. I cannot work like this. Can someone help me fix this asap please..

Edit, I cannot goto admin panel to get support, just throws errors.

What version did you upgrade from? What other errors are you getting? Can you post a screenshot?

Support here is very fast and excellent. You may have to wait a bit now though as it is weekend. I am sure that you will get a response soon.

I updated from the version before 4.6.8 that was available. I was on Gamozilla theme. When I tried to update at first it told me I had a modified theme and i couldnt update but that was because of the facebook chat plugin. I removed it to update, and i updated. as soon as the update was done i added the plugin back in the tab i had open from editing the theme prior.  I noticed the site loading was 5x-10x slower than it was before the update also. My customers get an error saying site is having a technical problem when they try to do certain actions like adding a product to the bag for checkout.

7 minutes ago, NightOwlHacks984 said:

I updated from the version before 4.6.8 that was available. I was on Gamozilla theme. When I tried to update at first it told me I had a modified theme and i couldnt update but that was because of the facebook chat plugin. I removed it to update, and i updated. as soon as the update was done i added the plugin back in the tab i had open from editing the theme prior.  I noticed the site loading was 5x-10x slower than it was before the update also. My customers get an error saying site is having a technical problem when they try to do certain actions like adding a product to the bag for checkout.

It looks to me like that plugin and theme are not compatible with the latest version of Ipb. What are the links to that theme and plugin?

Can't you get at the Acp at all to disable/uninstall them?

7 minutes ago, Christopher Iosca said:

Hi,

same here.  Some of my forum threads are now getting this error instead of the original conversations in them.

image.thumb.png.7f4c54e23dfd33fe2269974647ae34e4.png

Did you run the Support Tool in your Admin Panel as mentioned in the message? Can you get to the logs page? What other messages are listed in there?

54 minutes ago, Darkniciad said:

Can you post th elink to your forum or a screenshot of the error(s) that you are getting?

2 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

It looks to me like that plugin and theme are not compatible with the latest version of Ipb. What are the links to that theme and plugin?

Can't you get at the Acp at all to disable/uninstall them?

Did you run the Support Tool in your Admin Panel as mentioned in the message? Can you get to the logs page? What other messages are listed in there?

Can you post th elink to your forum or a screenshot of the error(s) that you are getting?

Its not a theme or plugin, its Facebook chat messenger, its just a few lines of code. I'm not even sure if that's what's causing the issues because its displaying on my website perfectly, i don't see how that will break admin panel and work perfectly on the site? it also broke other features on site like customers not being able to make purchases. 

4 minutes ago, Miss_B said:

Support tool did nothing to help, The error logs show no errors since the migration from self-hosted to cloud hosted back in Oct.  Also cleared system cache several times.  Only issue is lost conversations and screenshot error.

2 minutes ago, NightOwlHacks984 said:

Its not a theme or plugin, its Facebook chat messenger, its just a few lines of code. I'm not even sure if that's what's causing the issues because its displaying on my website perfectly, i don't see how that will break admin panel and work perfectly on the site? it also broke other features on site like customers not being able to make purchases. 

Ah ok. I thought of it because of your post above where you said: "When I tried to update at first it told me I had a modified theme".

What errors do the customers get when trying to make purchases? Is it the same error that you get in the Admin Panel or a different one?

When you run the upgrader, did it finish successfully without any additional errors or did other errors pop up along the way?

Anyways, all one can do at this point is to guess. It is hard to pinpoint the exact issue without taking an actual look at the forum.

4 minutes ago, Christopher Iosca said:

Support tool did nothing to help, The error logs show no errors since the migration from self-hosted to cloud hosted back in Oct.  Also cleared system cache several times.  Only issue is lost conversations and screenshot error.

Can you try something? Will it be possible to disable temporarily all the third party apps and plugins and see if the error will go away? This is to rule them out as being the culprit.