Move Subscriptions to Products ( Subscription )

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

Hi everybody,

I have the following issue. In my community I have quite a lot subscribers who made a paid subscrition which upgrades them to an other group for a time period. Some of them made automatical renewal on paypal.

Is it possible to create a subscription as a product in the commercial app and them merge all accounts to there ?

The idea is that I wan't to give subscribers access to all downloads in the download app for free and for non subscribers charge an amount for a simple download.  Is that possible ? I don't want to loose all my current subcribers so I can only proceed if that is possible.

Thanks for your help in forward.

Hanspeter

Sorry, its not clear on what you are trying to do here. This question is what Im not sure about 

36 minutes ago, hpcrazy said:

Is it possible to create a subscription as a product in the commercial app and them merge all accounts to there ?

You cannot move a subscription to a product if that is what you are asking there, and even if you could Im not sure what it is you would expect that would achieve. Are all these subscribers in a specific group also?

1 hour ago, hpcrazy said:

Hi everybody,

I have the following issue. In my community I have quite a lot subscribers who made a paid subscrition which upgrades them to an other group for a time period. Some of them made automatical renewal on paypal.

The idea is that I wan't to give subscribers access to all downloads in the download app for free and for non subscribers charge an amount for a simple download.  Is that possible ? I don't want to loose all my current subcribers so I can only proceed if that is possible.

Thanks for your help in forward.

Hanspeter

I don't have paid files but if they are like products, maybe you can apply a usergroup discount as free?

image.thumb.png.c6762669f57dee9a5dc073d48ff459a1.png

2 hours ago, hpcrazy said:

Currently, what you want here is indeed possible through group permissions, however, you would need to allow your purchased group to be able to download any file throughout time. This setting is an all or nothing setting (as usually, it's provided to admins/moderators): Edit Group -> Downloads tab -> Can download paid files without paying?

Through this, you would not need to make any change to your setup now as this would be handled through group permissions. Just would need to ensure that your groups are setup properly through registration.

4 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

There is no way to convert them to products as I mentioned above

too bad - then I can not proceed with my idea because I don't want to loose my 300 paying subscribers.

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

This setting is an all or nothing setting (as usually, it's provided to admins/moderators): Edit Group -> Downloads tab -> Can download paid files without paying?

Exactly that would be the idea. The subscribers get downloads for free and the free members can still download a single file for a fee.

2 minutes ago, hpcrazy said:

Exactly that would be the idea. The subscribers get downloads for free and the free members can still download a single file for a fee.

You wouldn't need to move your subscription to a product then as it would have no bearing on this setup 🙂 .

3 minutes ago, Jim M said:

You wouldn't need to move your subscription to a product then as it would have no bearing on this setup 🙂 .

I see 🙂 but how is the problem solved with the displayed price ? Will it appear for free for those users which have the general permission to download and the other groups would see the price for the one file they want ?

• Solution
2 minutes ago, hpcrazy said:

I see 🙂 but how is the problem solved with the displayed price ? Will it appear for free for those users which have the general permission to download and the other groups would see the price for the one file they want ?

users would see the purchase price still, they would just have a download button available to them.

3 hours ago, hpcrazy said:

I suppose maybe a custom plugin to change the price field to text of choice per usergroup would be a good idea. So subscribers that are moved to a specific user group can see text “Included with Membership”, “FREE”, or something like that, instead of the price.

9 hours ago, Jim M said:

users would see the purchase price still, they would just have a download button available to them.

That was the point were I stopped the idea because it's confusing i think.

6 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

I suppose maybe a custom plugin to change the price field to text of choice per usergroup would be a good idea.

That would be a solution. I think such plugin or feature would be useful for all those who want to make downloads available with different conditions for different usergroups.