Issues with Restrict from Posting

Ihia
Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

We have had the same issues for a few months now but we rarely use it so I didnt follow this up.

Two different problems

Pattaya Addicts forum (you have access)

Warning & Restrictions >> Content >> Restrict from Posting

1. When we set a date and time the time changes as soon as we click save. 

2. Even with the incorrect time the restriction doesnt end once that time has passed. The restriction remains "forever" unless we manually remove it.

The same thing happens on PC and ipad.

If you need to test it can - you have access and can use BM ayylmao to test it although it is not member specific.

On 11/8/2021 at 3:44 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Could you please give me a specific date and time you enter? I entered tomorrow at 10am and that saved correctly with no issue there

We use the clock that "pops up" with drop down times.

Examples below are one I just did now

DawPi (member name)

Screenshot 1 is the one I set

Screenshot 2 is immediately after I clicked Save

As you can see the time changed from 20.11 to 13.11 simply by checking the Save button

If you need to test again please use the DawPi member not the one I gave before.

We have tried this with 3 different Moderator accounts, all in different time zones, same results.

We do not have am and pm options as per your message - just the 24 hour clock.

DawPi_1.thumb.PNG.117c1acf5ca0fe0b5fc82d3da682eed0.PNG

DawPi_2.thumb.PNG.e699765aabc1a78c06e03e673f75ffe4.PNG

Edited by Ihia

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry, could I just confirm here, are you setting and checking yourself? Or if this one person checking and another person checking. As if you are in different timezones in the latter scenario, that would indeed make a difference

I am doing it myself

The two above examples are mine

Both are from my computer taken about 3 seconds apart

First BEFORE clcicking Save, 2nd immediately after clicking Save

Edited by Ihia

On 11/9/2021 at 9:28 PM, Marc Stridgen said:

Does this happen if you try to do this on a user who is in the same timezone as yourself? Sorry for the questions here. Just trying to find some common occurance given I cannot replicate

Yes it does. The DawPi one is the same time zone as me.

It is the same on all of them in that it just goes on and on increasing. 

Try this one, for 24 hours and I will show you your log after that time expires

It is also affecting the Warning Points system - warnings are set to "never expire" but then they do. It seems like some issue with the clock in ACP

Anyway try doing the 24 hour restriction on BM TrippyD and we will show you the results after the time you set expires.

20 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Have you checked the time on your server to ensure that is correct? 

No I haven't as I dont know how. As we have used Invision Hosting for several years now I would rather assume thats for you guys to check.

I think the best way forward here is if you can do the 24hr Posting Restriction on TrippyD then I will show you screenshots of how the log changes.

Edited by Ihia

On 11/13/2021 at 1:50 AM, Ihia said:

No I haven't as I dont know how. As we have used Invision Hosting for several years now I would rather assume thats for you guys to check.

Yeah, I'm blaming it being Friday for that one 🙂 My Apologies

On 11/13/2021 at 1:50 AM, Ihia said:

I think the best way forward here is if you can do the 24hr Posting Restriction on TrippyD then I will show you screenshots of how the log changes.

Sounds a sensible approach. I have Set this to 16th at 08:12 (of course that would show differently to yourself, being in a different timezone. I am in the UK, and posted that just now for 24 hours time)

16 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Yeah, I'm blaming it being Friday for that one 🙂 My Apologies

Sounds a sensible approach. I have Set this to 16th at 08:12 (of course that would show differently to yourself, being in a different timezone. I am in the UK, and posted that just now for 24 hours time)

LOL yes I guessed that bud.

Screenshots show

1. The 24 hour restriction shows correctly - changed, as you said, to MY time at my end

2. The Log as it is now, currently correct - it is this that will extend once the restriction has expired so I will get back to you in about 26 hours time.

IMG_20211115_151900_resized_20211115_032000277.thumb.jpg.7c2fe2c555d40c8a7892abac44c75d70.jpg

Log.thumb.PNG.acb8eee84b6dc4e3975267b2f341975a.PNG

Edited by Ihia

It is now 4 hours since the Restriction ended - as you can see the Log entry is still climing.

It will continue to go UP i.e. by Thursday it will say you restricted him for 3 days etc etc

With luck you can see the problem now but I will posts an update tomorrow as well.

Log4.PNG.623e98c9a09c337efc47ccc041dd124c.PNG

Edited by Ihia

15 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Sorry, I'm a little confused here as this doesn't appear to be what was originally reported. Is this the only place you are perceiving that its changing? I ask that that looks to be  a display bug

Hi Marc

OK I am sorry for any confusion. This is what I meant by it continuing "forever", it wasn't easy to explain which is why I wanted to show you.

Latest update is below.

Going back to my OP, there are two different issue

1. The time changing in ACP when we click Save - this is still happens although it shows the correct time on the member profile as we have established. This was shown in my 2nd post in this thread where we set 20.11 and when we clicked Save it immediately reverted to 13.11

2. The log continually increasing once the restriction has expired. Yes this is the only place we see it continuing once expired.

If it is a display bug then how do we sort that out as its these logs, and original times set, that we need to be accurate so we know what the Mod team have been doing and when.

Log5.PNG

Edited by Ihia

3 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

The first one there is what I need an example of how to reproduce. As I showed in my previous emssages, I cannot reproduce that in any way. 

Hi Marc

OK so if you cant reproduce it what can we do? I can show you again but will just be repeating what I showed you a while ago. Do you want me to do it again?

Im a bit stuck tbh - all I know is its not working correctly and thats the same for me (in Thailand) and our Mod (in UK)

What about the display issue? If you go into the TrippyD account in ACP you will be able to see that I assume. This log is probably the more important of the two problems.

Edited by Ihia

18 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I am in the UK myself, so its seems it cant be related to location. I am going to get a ticket opened for you so we can take a closer look for you

I do wonder - if we can "fix" the display issue in the logs (which I assume you CAN see) if it might sort out both issues.

FYI here is the state of the one YOU did now.

I am not sure why it has changed to "Guest"

Log6.PNG.bbf051dbf6394c6a7bc153c363aba860.PNG