Marketplace $ symbol issue

Go to solution Solved by Stuart Silvester,

It's a supported entity in HTML5, but not in earlier versions of HTML. That's why it's odd though, browser have supported HTML5 for a long time now.

Which browser are you using, and is it somehow in a HTML4 rendering mode?

Windows 10, Firefox 91.0.1esr (64-Bit), German Language in browser UTF-8, English original language in Suite. No problem and shows as expected. But, I have a comma as decimal separator and not a dot, could be server settings, though. Changed locale but use English language.

price.png.d7f2b1af37189c83df4c6bd305f53451.png

Edited by Hatsu

• Solution

I doubt it would be the server, it's a HTML entity that's rendered in your browser.

I have changed it to use $ instead.

2 hours ago, Hatsu said:

But, I have a comma as decimal separator and not a dot

Thanks! - yes that would be related to the locale. I have made a change so it always uses a . as the decimal for the Marketplace views.

1 hour ago, Stuart Silvester said:

Thanks! - yes that would be related to the locale. I have made a change so it always uses a . as the decimal for the Marketplace views.

I don't think this is necessary because in my environment (Germany) this is a completely correct decimal sign. I changed the locale for the English language in the Suite to German because I want the German formats for numbers, dates, and time. If you change it to use everytime a point than it won't affect language specifications anymore. Or am I wrong?

4 minutes ago, Hatsu said:

I don't think this is necessary because in my environment (Germany) this is a completely correct decimal sign. I changed the locale for the English language in the Suite to German because I want the German formats for numbers, dates, and time. If you change it to use everytime a point than it won't affect language specifications anymore. Or am I wrong?

It has only been changed for the Marketplace pages in the AdminCP. It makes sense since the prices are in $ USD and should use the expected formatting. The same formatting will be used when you go through the process to pay an invoice (since they load from our servers) so it's logical to have those match and not change from youor local format to US format during checkout.