User ban group

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

3 hours ago, Ricsca said:

Vbulletin put banned users in the babbling users group.
Ipb does not have a banned group.
How can I ban the users of the group imported from vbulletin so that I can delete the group?

You can try this. First make a backup of your core_members table from your phpmyadmin. Then run this sql query:

UPDATE core_members SET temp_ban = 1 WHERE member_group_id = x;

Where x equals the id of the group of the imported vb banned members. Hope it helps.

Edited by Miss_B

How are you doing the import? Are you using our conversion tool? If so and you're converting the group, you can just disable site access for the group and they will not have access to your community. This can be found in ACP -> Members -> Groups -> edit your banned group -> Can access site?

1 hour ago, Jim M said:

Come stai facendo l'importazione? Stai utilizzando il nostro strumento di conversione? Se è così e stai convertendo il gruppo, puoi semplicemente disabilitare l'accesso al sito per il gruppo e non avranno accesso alla tua comunità. Questo può essere trovato in ACP -> Membri -> Gruppi -> modifica il tuo gruppo vietato -> Può accedere al sito?

yes, I converted the vbullet group into banned users and users waiting for email confirmation because in the converter it was not possible to assign them to ipb groups
new users who are banned and who have to confirm their email, where do they go on ipb?

6 minutes ago, Ricsca said:

yes, I converted the vbullet group into banned users and users waiting for email confirmation because in the converter it was not possible to assign them to ipb groups
new users who are banned and who have to confirm their email, where do they go on ipb?

There are no individual groups for banned and/or validating members in Ipb. They remain in the members group, but get the appropriate banned/validating staus.

• Solution

Just going back to the original topic here. If you have converted from vbulletin and these members were banned on vbulletin, you should see they are already banned on our system. If they are not, we would need to take  a look at that so you should submit a ticket.

As mentioned above, banned and validation are actually statuses of a member rather than groups. You can see in the member section of your admin CP who is banned and who is validating using the lists provided. Also, if you open any member in the admin CP, it will tell you at the top if they are validating or banned