Cache issues - unable to switch off

Go to solution Solved by Rob Fielding,

Hi,

I have had a problem enabling the Redis cache. I have a message in the Dashboard saying "Caching is not working correctly. Review your caching method configuration and adjust the settings as needed."

I have therefore tried to switch the cache off first before looking into it.

However, when I change the settings to no cache, then download and upload the constants.php file when I return to Dashboard it says the cache is still enabled and there is still a problem.

Can you help please?

Thanks,

Rob

• Solution

Hi @Marc Stridgen we may be getting crossed messages as there is a parallel request with my server tech support.

They now say they have enabled Redis - "I have enabled the cache extensions on the server end." so perhaps that was causing the error messages and now it is working the errors have gone.

I have now enabled Redis and uploaded the latest constants.php and all seems fine. If the error msg comes back I shall let you know.

Sorry, if this was a false alarm caused by my server tech support not enabling the Redis component!

55 minutes ago, Rob Fielding said:

Hi @Marc Stridgen apologies. I've been looking at other site issues and when I checked back in the forum admin area I am getting the "Cache Not Working" error message again. All the login details should work if you are able to take a look and correct/advise.

Thanks again!

could you please provide the security answers in the notes section of the access details area or disable 2FA?

Thanks for updating that information. Unfortunately, the software is unable to connect to Redis by the configuration details provided. I would advise reviewing each and every piece with your server administrator or hosting provider.

Additionally, there are a ton of errors being generated from Tapatalk in your System Log. You will want to bring this to their attention for assistance or disable the application till it is resolved.