New members can't create their account or buy from us. help!

It's been days now and we can't find the cause or solution for this problem ,and the support ticket system seems to be gone or hidden beyond finding in the IPS dashboard.

When new potential members want to create a forum account either for the forum or to buy our product or both, they get as far as the sign up page and are able to fill everything out, but the section titled "Security Check" just has the title and no captcha or check box or anything else... and when a potential customer fills out all the other info and clicks "create my account", after a few seconds it just says something like "failed security check, try again".

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Are there any IPS technical support staff around, and if so, where did the support ticket system go? How do we contact you in case of an emergency? This already cost us a few hundred dollars in sales and will continue to do so every few days.

FailSecurity.PNG

That "security check" error is almost certainly reCAPTCHA not working correctly.

Please visit your ACP and find the captcha settings, then set them to the method you want. 

(Invisible recaptcha is the default method, but there are a couple other methods from which to choose.)

If what my colleague suggested does not assist, you will also want to check the following:

When viewing your community, I am seeing various errors related to CSS and Javascript not loading. I would suggest checking to ensure that your upload folder and all sub-folders are writable on your server (and owned by the correct user/group) then clear cache by going to ACP -> Support -> Clear System Caches (right side).

51 minutes ago, Mark H said:

That "security check" error is almost certainly reCAPTCHA not working correctly.

Please visit your ACP and find the captcha settings, then set them to the method you want. 

(Invisible recaptcha is the default method, but there are a couple other methods from which to choose.)

I've done that and even changed the entire captcha google account in case the whole account was somehow broken and the same problem persists anyway. Thanks for the suggestion, but I tried this. :9

49 minutes ago, Jim M said:

If what my colleague suggested does not assist, you will also want to check the following:

When viewing your community, I am seeing various errors related to CSS and Javascript not loading. I would suggest checking to ensure that your upload folder and all sub-folders are writable on your server (and owned by the correct user/group) then clear cache by going to ACP -> Support -> Clear System Caches (right side).

Thanks very much for this info. We have our community hosted at siteguarding.com and there's a good chance they "protect" (read as over-protect) folders from being written into. I'll give this info to them and see if they can fix it. I'll report back if that resolves the issue or not.

3 hours ago, Jim M said:

After repeatedly complaining to Siteguarding, and clearing the forum system cache a second time, suddenly the issue is fully resolved. I have a suspicion their system was blocking the folders from being written to, but I guess I have no way to verify. Does anyone know if there's a way to see if folder permissions etc have been changed on specific dates, via c-panel for example?