No more support tickets?

Go to solution Solved by Jim M,

I have a massive problem costing us new customers and costing us sales for days now, and this is how I discovered the system has changed and support tickets are either gone or hidden.
Why?

What should a long-time customer do if a technical issue of some kind is blocking new users from joining or making purchases of our products, just send a generic 'contact us' email or post here on the forums and hope it reaches the eyes of actual IPS staff? 

• Solution

You should have received an email to the address on file detailing the changes coming from our hello@invisionpower.com email. Our staff are fully managing the Help & Support forum here. However, to ease the transition, we are still permitting tickets to be submitted till the new year in the Client Area -> Manage Purchases -> click your license -> Support Request.

Our typical response times will be made available here on the forums as they were in tickets 🙂 .

After having experienced a couple weeks of e-mail issues, I realize that this message did not come through or was lost. Am I interpreting correctly that all support issues from now on should be posted here in this forum, rather than a support ticket? What do you do in the case of needing to share community members names or things that I would not want to post screengrabs of here on the board? Thanks!

@Charles Sorry, I think I must have used the wrong word here. I meant "ticket" being the little support button in the Client Area that opens a sort of e-mail chat system. Will that still be functioning? Thanks! We have two different tech admins on our community, so they don't all receive the e-mails from the base account e-mail.

• Management
2 minutes ago, usmf said:

@Charles Sorry, I think I must have used the wrong word here. I meant "ticket" being the little support button in the Client Area that opens a sort of e-mail chat system. Will that still be functioning? Thanks! We have two different tech admins on our community, so they don't all receive the e-mails from the base account e-mail.

We just moved the button under the purchase. So go to your purchase and click get support. You will then get a form. This way it auto-associates your message to us we already know what purchase you are referring to when your email comes in. It will also auto-send you an email confirmation.

• Management
5 minutes ago, usmf said:

Oh, thank you! That's great. So, that will be available after the first of the year, as well as the option of posting in this Help Forum? Thanks!

Depends on your service type. Those on our platform will get email support forever. Self-hosted licenses varies.

7 minutes ago, Charles said:

Depends on your service type. Those on our platform will get email support forever. Self-hosted licenses varies.

Okay. We're self-hosted on two different IPS communities. Is there a way to get the e-mail resent that details what will be happening for us? Sorry, but we had an issue with e-mail for a bit here. 

We're unable to resend the bulk mail unfortunately, however this is the information in taht email regarding the support

We believe in the power of community. It’s what we do, after all. We have helped thousands of communities create thriving support areas where customers get fast help, with the added bonus of a living knowledge base to search for answers before even needing to ask.

While we have had our own support areas in the past, these have been peer-led and unsupported.

We want to change this and make our own community a stronger hub for support and advice.

For most customers, support is simply “how do I do this?” and these questions tend to be quite similar. Rarely, support questions are “this went wrong”, and we usually get our developers to look.

With that in mind, we’re keen to invest in our community support by asking that your first point of contact for support as an active license holder be in our new support area on our forums. Our team manages these forums, so you will see familiar faces replying to each topic. In addition, you may find other experienced customers who will offer advice.

Creating a strong support community backed by our support technicians will result in a more detailed and richer set of answers. Please don’t worry, our support team can still convert the topic into a support ticket for our developers if something needs investigating.

We know old habits die hard, so even though we will encourage you to use the new monitored support forums, you will retain email ticket support until 1st January 2022 or when your license expires, whichever occurs later, so you have time to settle into the new way of working.

For those that wish to retain ticket support longer term, we will be unveiling a premium support option soon.

Thanks for reading, and I’ll see you on the forums!