Cannot download or update theme from marketplace

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

IPS\Http\Request\CurlException: LINK OF RESOURCE REMOVED
Operation timed out after 10000 milliseconds with 4891166 out of 6424042 bytes received (28)
#0 /home3/AAA/public_html/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(422): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_execute()
#1 /home3/AAA/public_html/system/Http/Request/Curl.php(298): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->_executeAndFollowRedirects('GET', NULL)
#2 /home3/AAA/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(257): IPS\Http\Request\_Curl->get()
#3 /home3/AAA/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->install()
#4 /home3/AAA/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/marketplace/marketplace.php(40): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /home3/AAA/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\marketplace\_marketplace->execute()
#6 /home3/AAA/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

i'm getting this error whenever i try to download a theme from the official marketplace, not sure what to do, i've already contacted the hosting provider and they said its not on their end.

I cannot update or download this theme from the marketplace at all (nexxe)

Official updates work without any issues (the ones from IPS)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

As mentioned in the ticket, this appears to be the download speed on your server unfortunately. As mentioned, you can try increasing the timeout if you can't optimise the server speed, you can do this by creating a constants.php file - https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/advanced-options/configuration-options/using-constantsphp-r25/ and adding a constant for DEFAULT_REQUEST_TIMEOUT

<?php

\define( 'DEFAULT_REQUEST_TIMEOUT', 15 );

However this should be adjusted with care, and adjusting too high may lead to other issues.