Converted from vBulletin yesterday. Are passwords imported?

Go to solution Solved by Sucesso,

I converted from vBulletin 4.x yesterday (went really well!), and I'm testing various functions (email, spam settings, etc.).

Do users need to reset their passwords? Or are they imported?

I ask because I thought I read somewhere that they were. However, when I try to log in with my test account, the password I have doesn't work. (Yes, I searched.)

Thanks!

Edit: I believe I fixed this by disabling the Varnish plugin that my host (Cloudways) uses.

Edited by Sucesso

Thanks! That was my understanding.

But… I did a test with a test account, and the password didn't work. And users are saying their passwords aren't working. (I also see almost no members online when I would normally have 30–100.)

I'm going to guess that if they didn't transfer over during the conversion that there's no way to get them back (except for doing the conversion again). Is that right?

Edit: I'm also getting another error; maybe this is why passwords aren't working. I'll troubleshoot the other error.

Edited by Sucesso

9 hours ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Just to note, you must ensure your converters remain installed, and that the converter login method remains enabled. Could I confirm you have not removed any of those 2? If so, and you are still having issues, please let us know

Thanks. Didn't know that. I haven't removed anything that I know of. I checked:

• 'Login & Registration' > Converter, and I see 'Enabled'.
  • Conversion > Manage Conversions > and I still see my conversion.

image.png.bf9bc4ccbe12cedd7011a4fd450a24a3.png

I was getting an htaccess error when the converter finished (in the Invision ACP), but I can't find that error now.