Designer Mode and Pages CSS

Sonya*

1 hour ago, Sonya* said:

I've found it. But it seems that I cannot download Page CSS after disabling Designer Mode. I can only see HTML templates for download. 

Correct. The items would only be functional with the system with Designer's Mode enabled. Otherwise, the system reads/writes this in the database.

2 hours ago, Jim M said:

Correct. The items would only be functional with the system with Designer's Mode enabled. Otherwise, the system reads/writes this in the database.

With Designer Mode enabled I cannot export at all:

screenshot-2021_10.19-17_18_50.png.3680eb19a528e3992646ace84bbeba3f.png

With Designer Mode disabled I can export only HTML Templates:

screenshot-2021_10.19-17_18_07.png.3d1d55ec785c9a40393e30239fd8870e.png

Does it work as desired?

Believe you're looking at two separate things here. The export functionality of the Pages section is for transferring your templates/css/etc... to another installation. Designer's mode is for editing your theme through an IDE in a development environment.

10 minutes ago, Jim M said:

The export functionality of the Pages section is for transferring your templates/css/etc

This is exactly what I would like to do after I have altered CSS in Designer Mode. 

• I have enabled Designer Mode
  • I have changed CSS
  • I have disabled Designer Mode
  • I would like to transfer templates and css to other installation

I can transfer HTML Templates by downloading them (s. screenshot above). How do I transfer CSS? I cannot select Pages CSS in the download screen. 

Edited by Sonya*

Just now, Jim M said:

There is no export currently for other files in Pages.

This answers the question. Thanks. I do not have any plugin, theme or application. I just export database and templates as XML to import them manually on other installation(s). 

I wonder why export is limited to HTML Templates only. Database templates are rarely useable without CSS part.

• 4 months later...
On 10/19/2021 at 5:43 PM, Jim M said:

I can certainly move this topic to our Feature Suggestion forum if you would like?

Can I Second this please.

I would have thought this would have been part of the export process since Pages templates would use CSS and JavaScript.