Change Registration Default User Group?

Go to solution Solved by Miss_B,

• Solution
2 hours ago, Kinzer said:

How do I change it so all new users that register  become something like "Awaiting Members" instead of automatically becoming a "Member" as they get validated. Change default user group?

Change the value of member_group inside the conf_global.php file to the id of the group that you want your new members to have by default when registering.

9 hours ago, Genestoy said:

Where do you find the id of the group?

Thanks

If you go to the Groups area in your Admin Panel you will see a list of all your groups. Click on the group name that you want to grab its id and you will see this in the url:

admin/?app=core&module=members&controller=groups&do=form&id=4

You see the last part that says: id=4? That numeric value is the id of the group. In this example it is the id of the admin group. Hope it helps.

Thank You

So, just so I understand this better--

Change the conf_global.php id to match the  member group (in my case "Validating" which is id 13)

All new registrations will then go into the "Validating" member group

When the admin manually approves the registration will it stay in the "Validating" group or will it automatically be transferred to the "Members" group (which is what I would want)?

Thanks

18 hours ago, Genestoy said:

Thank You

So, just so I understand this better--

Change the conf_global.php id to match the  member group (in my case "Validating" which is id 13)

All new registrations will then go into the "Validating" member group

When the admin manually approves the registration will it stay in the "Validating" group or will it automatically be transferred to the "Members" group (which is what I would want)?

Thanks

No, it would stay in that validating group.

I feel there may be some confusion here. What you are trying to create is a concept which no longer exists within the software. Within the invision platform "validating" is actually a state of an account, not a group. So when a member registers, if you have it set to be validated by admin, the user will actually be in your members group (or whatever you call that group) and have a status of validating. When the admin validates that member, that validating state is removed. They do not change groups. Does that make more sense?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to change the validating state, when a validating member purchases a product during registration? I'd like to fast track members who do this, rather than have them wait for their accounts to be approved.

This used to happen automatically by bumping the member into a secondary (more advanced) user group, but now they just sit there, in that advanced group, awaiting validation.

7 hours ago, JohnDar said:

Is there a way to change the validating state, when a validating member purchases a product during registration? I'd like to fast track members who do this, rather than have them wait for their accounts to be approved.

This used to happen automatically by bumping the member into a secondary (more advanced) user group, but now they just sit there, in that advanced group, awaiting validation.

That will require custom coding a.f.a.i.k.