Cloudflare Stream Video Attachments

KT Walrus

I've requested this several times over the years, but I'd like to see built-in support for Cloudflare Stream Video attachments.

Cloudflare Stream is economical with streaming costs at $1 per 1,000 minutes viewed and storage costs at $5 per 1,000 minutes stored.

The service has matured over the past year and you can have Invision Community members upload videos (in any format) directly to Cloudflare Stream (using TUS JS client) and embed the Cloudflare Stream free player for viewing the video attachments. You can also download the transcoded MP4 for long term storage (presumably in the cloud with a cheap cloud storage service like Backblaze B2).

I'd like the plugin to upload, store and stream video attachments in Cloudflare Stream for 30 days. After 30 days, Invision Community could automatically move the MP4 to object storage and embed it directly in older posts using the <video> tag and built-in browser's video player. This would save Cloudflare Stream fees after 30 days and uses Cloudflare Stream for uploading and transcoding videos.

I use Backblaze B2 and Cloudflare to eliminate bandwidth fees and only pay $5/TB/month for B2 object storage. At this price, I can afford to keep videos available for viewing even when attached to very old posts.

More info available here:

https://www.cloudflare.com/products/cloudflare-stream/

316549194_Image10-15-21at6_00PM.jpg.0183f573200805cfb0779931fab1c639.jpg

Edited by KT Walrus

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 5:36 PM, sobrenome said:

Nice! This could come with the new Gallery app!

Yup! They also have a image hosting with similar terms. You can upload like a 12k photo and have up to 10 different resolutions for no extra charge.

Edit:

Good news. Cloudflare is actually working on their own object storage:

https://blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-r2-object-storage/

Edited by flashpoint