Support system needs alternative email addresses

opentype

Your support now seems to require that requests come from registered email addresses. This system ignores, that people might use various incoming and outgoing email addresses and therefore might not be able to even fulfil that request. 

I set up a new forwarding email address for every service I register with, and my IPS email is set up the same way. But I cannot write from that or any of the hundreds of emails I have set up this way, since they are only forwarding addresses. So If you have that requirement, you should let us set up alternative email addresses to contact support and still be clearly identifiable. 

I understand that you already have a “alternative contact” function, but that is for a different person. I would only need an alternative email address for the same account. 

Edited by opentype

• Management

I can see your point from your unique approach. It's not something we plan on changing at this time. Right now the system submits your support request under your registered email address in the client area and then send you a confirmation to that email. You can reply to that confirmation from any email you like though.

22 minutes ago, Charles said:

You can reply to that confirmation from any email you like though.

That’s not what I am told. When I reply, I get:

Unfortunately there is no license associated with this email address, so I am unable to provide support within this ticket. In order to obtain support, please submit a ticket from your client area, or an email associated with your client license.

• Management

Ok thanks for clarifying and I see the confusion.

Your email was created via a post on our community here. Since you made that post, we now auto-associate the topic with one of your packages on submit so in the future that confusion should not happen. So it would not have that confusion happen since it would already know who you are regardless of what email it is from.

When you submit a support request via the client area, it does auto-associate regardless of your email address.