PNG image not uploading to Pages Upload Field

Go to solution Solved by Marc Stridgen,

I am using a field to upload images, instead of the Record Image field.

This is because in the Record image field, you do not have the options to set any settings.

So I have a dedicated field just to upload, which I have set to images.

The problem is PNG images are not uploading even when it says it is an allowed file type.

If I change the upload field to "Any File" instead of "Image Only" then it allows for the PNG to be uploaded.

Is there a hidden setting for field uploads that is causing this error ?

Please advice,

Thanks

Png upload error.png

39 minutes ago, opentype said:

Have you tried other PNG files (for example smaller ones)? I think that “upload failed” suggests other problems than a rejected file type. 

I tried with the smallest possible PNG image and it still failed.

JPG works just fine.

Edited by fantasystar

3 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

Please could you ensure the account I have just created on your site just now has access to the front end pages application. We can then take a look to see what is going on for you

done its the Original Video Game Artwork database and the field is called "Main Image"

Edited by fantasystar

26 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It looks like it may actually be an issue with the files you are uploading there. I have just added a record with no issue at all on my end. Could you zip one of the files you are testing and upload it here so I can take a look?

Very odd, as I even tried to upload a newly made image using Paint, attached are both failed files.

26 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

It looks like it may actually be an issue with the files you are uploading there. I have just added a record with no issue at all on my end. Could you zip one of the files you are testing and upload it here so I can take a look?

I just tried and I can upload fine with Google Chrome but not Firefox.

So its a browser issue, please check to see if you have the same issue.

Edited by fantasystar

1 minute ago, Marc Stridgen said:

If you take a look at the one I have just added, I am using your images there. It seems the issue is actually on your end unfortunately. Check things like virus checkers or any plugins you may be using on the browser, but something there is interrupting the upload process there

Yes it seems to be a firefox issue.

I have all plugins disabled on firefox, so it must be a core issue with the browser.

Odd it doesnt allow PNG but JPG is fine.

Just now, Marc Stridgen said:

I was able to replicate this on my end also when using firefox, and have now put in a bug report for this, so that we can get it resolved in future releases

Well that's good news, I was thinking I need to format my laptop 😄

Thanks for looking into this.

• 4 weeks later...