Error after upgrading 4.6.7 -> undeclared static property

Go to solution Solved by Daniel F,

i got this error after upgrading to 4.6.7 -> `IN_DEV' mode

Error: Access to undeclared static property: IPS\Application::$ipsApps (0)
#0 ...\system\Theme\Dev\Template.php(171): IPS\Theme\theme_core_admin_applications_appRowDescription(Object(IPS\core\Application))

i made a mistake. maybe helps someone

4 minutes ago, Marc Stridgen said:

I will move this to our developer forums, however have you updated your developer tools?

3 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Please make sure that all your dev files are up2date!

And if they are, make sure that none of your 3rd party apps/plugins is accessing the deprecated IPS\Application::$ipsApps variable, which was mentioned here:

thanks. solved!

I wonder if it'd be worthwhile to include a check before running the upgrader, to make sure the suite isn't in dev mode?  If it is, don't allow the upgrade and instruct how to turn off dev mode?

OR, what if dev tools were ready prior to the official release, and clicking "Upgrade" upgraded both the suite AND the dev tools seamlessly (only if the dev tools are present already)?

Just ideas!

6 minutes ago, IPCommerceFan said:

I wonder if it'd be worthwhile to include a check before running the upgrader, to make sure the suite isn't in dev mode?  If it is, don't allow the upgrade and instruct how to turn off dev mode?

OR, what if dev tools were ready prior to the official release, and clicking "Upgrade" upgraded both the suite AND the dev tools seamlessly (only if the dev tools are present already)?

Just ideas!

You won’t be able to run the upgrader with IN_DEV mode 🙂